Uninstalling factory Apps?

bwarnicke

Reaction score
Hi all

How do I uninstall Apps that Verizon has preloaded on my Incredible? There are several that I will never use and would like to remove if possible.

Donsell

Reaction score
Sorry, they're in protected memory and can't be removed unless you root and install a custom rom that doesn't include the bloat.

BWAT1009

Reaction score
What about Titanium Backup?

I rooted yesterday and installed Titanium Backup. It seems to have allowed me to uninstall the bloatware. Is it really uninstalled or has it just been hidden and removed from the "all apps" list but not removed from the memory??

Donsell

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to that. I thought those apps were embedded in the Rom. When you rooted, did you install a custom rom?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I rooted yesterday and installed Titanium Backup. It seems to have allowed me to uninstall the bloatware. Is it really uninstalled or has it just been hidden and removed from the "all apps" list but not removed from the memory??

Did you freeze it or use titanium to uninstall it?

tappin and a talkin

BWAT1009

Reaction score
No custom rom but removed bloat (I Think)

I don't know the answer to that. I thought those apps were embedded in the Rom. When you rooted, did you install a custom rom?

No i didn't install a custom rom. That is way over my head. I really only wanted to root for wireless tether and to get rid of ads. After rooting, I installed the free version of Titanium backup from the market, granted superuser access, installed busybox and ran the backup. When I use the Titanium Backup app, I hit "Backup/Restore", click the app I want to uninstall, it brings up an options menu with "Backup", "Freeze", "Un-Install!", "Run app" and "Wipe Data". I clicked uninstall and a warning came up that I had no backup of this app and asked if i wanted to proceed. I clicked yes and the app was removed from the list. The apps I removed included: CityID, 3G HOTSPOT (as I am using the free wireless tether AP), "Teeter", Flickr, cardashboard (or whatever its called) and several other undesired factory apps.

BWAT1009

Reaction score
used titanium to uninstall it...

Did you freeze it or use titanium to uninstall it?

i used titanium to uninstall, or so i think. freeze was also an option but i chose the uninstall option.