Uninstall

jessvig

Reaction score
My droid pro is now rooted. But now i have no idea how I can go remove the pre-installed apps. I have installed a better text app, but now I get two notifications because I can't get the preinstalled text app off. I have check to have the preinstalled one not notify me when a new text comes, but it still does. I also checked the new one as the default. But that doesn't change anything.
My screen also locks all the time. I will start to type out a text and it will lock. I will click to view contacts and it will lock. I assume it has to do with some of the apps I have installed. How do I get these pre installed apps uninstalled?
When I go into the uninstaller, it doesn't give me the option. They also automatically load by the system tools, which I also can't change.

Last edited:

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
If ur device is properly rooted, go to the market and download absolute system, it has lots of feattures including the ability to remove preinstalled apps...

As far as the 2 notifications, open ur stock messaging click settings and at the bottom ubcheck the notification box.

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)

harrellj

Reaction score
Better way to uninstall unwanted apps, get root explorer, navigate to /system/app, make sure its mounted r/w (read/write) and rename the unwanted app to appname.bak. After a reboot, the app will no longer be "installed" but it will still be accessible in case you need it for whatever reason. However, some apps you do not want to remove without knowing their impact, and one of those is the stock text app. Most of the 3rd party apps use features from the stock app.

If you don't want to rename files, Titanium Backup's Pro version offers the ability to "freeze" apps, which is essentially the same thing.

As for your issue with the double notifications, have you rebooted the phone since? And for the locking behavior, I have no idea on, its not one I've experienced with my rooted phone.