Notifications no longer vibrating

escapist

Reaction score
So my notifications are no longer vibrating. Texts, email, gmail, etc. None of my settings have changed. I went back and double checked in all apps that use notifications, and vibrate is enabled. When I test my notification in chompsms, it doesn't vibrate, but the notification pops up just fine. I have tried in ringer mode and vibrate mode. Vibrate works just fine when receiving calls.

I did install a few apps last night and today, but I can't figure out how/why they would have affected my notifications? Any thoughts?

Weather & Toggle widget (w/cypha flip clock)
Better Alarm Clock (now uninstalled)
History Eraser (now uninstalled)
Call History
Vignette
PicSay Pro

I'm running 2.1, unrooted. Help/thoughts? :(

edit: the LED light flashes just fine for notifications, it's just the vibration that doesn't work.

rwdowless

Reaction score
i'm also having the same issue. i noticed today the problem happening. i uninstalled all the apps i installed yesterday, rebooted phone and still getting the same problem.

htc eris

jhoff

Reaction score
Same here for Droid X.

For text, I use Handcent, and have it set to vibrate for incoming messages, but it doesn't vibrate with ringer on/off/vibrate mode.

For Gmail, same deal, have it set in the Gmail app to vibrate, and it does not.

It does still vibrate for calls.

I had "Quick Vibrate" installed, and thought that was possilby the problem and have since un-installed, but that didn't resolve anything.

Also, occasionally I don't get the notification tones to always make the sound like they are supposed to (the notification comes in and light comes on, but no sound is made).

This is all with Ringer Volume on.

antwonjenkins

Reaction score
So my notifications are no longer vibrating. Texts, email, gmail, etc. None of my settings have changed. I went back and double checked in all apps that use notifications, and vibrate is enabled. When I test my notification in chompsms, it doesn't vibrate, but the notification pops up just fine. I have tried in ringer mode and vibrate mode. Vibrate works just fine when receiving calls.

I did install a few apps last night and today, but I can't figure out how/why they would have affected my notifications? Any thoughts?

Weather & Toggle widget (w/cypha flip clock)
Better Alarm Clock (now uninstalled)
History Eraser (now uninstalled)
Call History
Vignette
PicSay Pro

I'm running 2.1, unrooted. Help/thoughts? :(

edit: the LED light flashes just fine for notifications, it's just the vibration that doesn't work.

This was driving me CRAZY! I also had this same problem and could not for the life of me figure it out. since I have Shake2Mute on my phone and NoCallLog I almost thought it was a problem with one of those two applications but after being through their settings numerous times and trying uninstalls with no luck and reinstalls with no better luck I turned to the operating systems options. BTW I am rooted running 2.2 (Frozen Liquid Yogurt) so thought it could also be a problem with a script in the rom or something. NEEDLESS TO SAY I'M PRETTY SURE I FIGURED IT OUT! in the system settings for the phone under call settings there are two options that I had checked that I unchecked and next thing I knew all my vibration notifications were working flawless again! The two that I need to uncheck were Vibrate on Answer and Vibrate on Hangup. Yeah let that sink in for a minute. I have absolutely no clue why this would mess notifications up so bad but just figured you guys might like to know that little tid-bit of information.

antwonjenkins

Reaction score
Also could be the program Volume Control App and next to the notifications and ringer control sliders is also a phone icon. Make sure you have that checked to vibrate.