How do I completely disable certain apps from being accessed / uninstalled

m.zakariyya.g

Reaction score
Hi
I use K9 Parental Control browser on my Note II , that automatically becomes the default browser and prevents other browsers from being accessed . The problem is uninstalling it is simple with an app like titanium backup or Gemini app Manager. I tried using an app lock to block those apps , but for that to really work you have to completely block Play store, settings and installing/uninstalling any app.

If I uninstall app lock then all my changes revert back to default.
Is there any way for me stop apps like titanium backup, and gemini from being accessed or installed ?

P.S Please don't ask my reasons for wanting to this

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
If those apps are on your note, put a password on them. However, since it sounds like they aren't, and you don't want them to be, can you just use a password to enter market/play store?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

m.zakariyya.g

Reaction score
The apps are on my note. How do I put a password on them? and how do I make sure apps like K9 can't be uninstalled ? Right now uninstalling it is easy with titanium or gemini. Even if I put a password on play store. then all I have to do is download the apk from one of the many blogs on the internet

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock

This is one of the best apps for this purpose. You can lock apps you want, and prevent deletions without passwords.

I don't think you can have 2 versions of app store on tablet. They would have different permissions, so #2 wouldn't install. Even if you were able to install another market apk, app store is connected to your Google account, if it is locked by this application, as soon as you went to log on, you should be asked for password...

Lock Titanium and Gemini, and they cant be accessed to remove apps.

Let me know if this helps.....
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2