Cannot send or receive text messages

johninor

Reaction score
My phone is a Droid 2 Global on PagePlus Cellular. I am running 4.5.608, rooted. I only have 10MB per month of data, so I use Droidwall to lock down 3G data usage. The only applications I have whitelisted for 3G are gmail, google voice and 10008: network location, etc.

I cannot send or receive text messages (SMS). If someone sends me a text message, I just don't receive it. If I try to send a text message, I get a notification that just says text message not sent. I've tried sending with the stock app and also with Handcent SMS and have the same problem with both. I've searched here and googled and I find a lot of discussions of people having problems that seem similar, but everything I've found seems to be not quite like my problem. Everything I've found was people who can receive, but not send or vice-versa or people who are having trouble with specific contacts. I cannot send or receive text messages to or from anyone.

The Background:
When I initially set up my phone, I did an SBF to 4.5.608 and rooted it and setup Droidwall before I activated it with PagePlus. Snce I only have 10MB/month of data, I wanted it locked down before I activated it. After I activated it text messaging did not work. Since I rooted it and set up Droidwall before activating, It is possible I may have done something wrong there that screwed up the text messaging. To try to diagnose the problem, I installed Handcent SMS and then I could send and receive text messages just fine. Cool, I thought. Since there were some things I didn't like about Handcent SMS, I uninstalled it, planning to try another SMS app. But after I uninstalled it, the stock text messaging app was working. Great, problem fixed, right? No, a little while later text messaging was not working again. I installed Handcent SMS and now that doesn't work either.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can fix the text messaging or any link to any threads that seem to be related to my problem, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

LillieLynn

Reaction score
I have a Droid Pro with the exact same problem driving me crazy. I know your post is from last year but I was wondering if you ever solved your problem. If so, please reply to me. Thanks!

OP
J

johninor

Reaction score
No I never found a solution. I just live without texting, its not that important to me to try the logical things that might fix it, like doing an SBF and setting everything up again.