Uninstall Not Successful...

joefuf

Reaction score
I am running Liberty v1.1 on my rooted Droid 3.

I have Google Music v4.0.1.501 and noticed there was a new update out today so I tried to install. I am able to download the package, but get the error that the “Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and reinstall.”

When I try to uninstall Google Music, I get an error that reads “Uninstall not successful.”

I have stopped the service, cleared the data, and checked that it is not a device administrator.

What further steps should I take to try to uninstall the app? I have never encountered this before.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
How were you attempting to uninstall it? I am assuming it is in system so I would recommend using a file manager to delete it.

OP
J

joefuf

Reaction score
How were you attempting to uninstall it? I am assuming it is in system so I would recommend using a file manager to delete it.

Tried everything until someone on Reddit suggested using Titanium Backup to uninstall it, which worked. I tried downloading the Google Music app off of the Market, but I got an error saying "Incompatible upgrade."

Thoughts?

OP
J

joefuf

Reaction score
Just did a reboot and tried downloading the app again and it's working great.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry I stepped away for a little bit there. But yes any time you delete an app from system a reboot is required before you download it again. Glad you got it working now :biggrin:

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Get OI file manager, but reboot first.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!