unhiding verizon preset wireless contacts

swope1221

Reaction score
Hi everyone, the verizon voicemail contact from my contact list is hidden. I tried to delete one of the other verizon preset ones and it said read only contacts are hidden, not deleted. I have checked/unchecked the verizon preset option in contacts, I have also powered off, pulled battery and put the battery back in and rebooted, and the contact has not yet reappeared.

Anyone know how to unhide a read only contact or know if they come back after a certain amount of time?

Thanks.

dewey

Reaction score
Hi everyone, the verizon voicemail contact from my contact list is hidden. I tried to delete one of the other verizon preset ones and it said read only contacts are hidden, not deleted. I have checked/unchecked the verizon preset option in contacts, I have also powered off, pulled battery and put the battery back in and rebooted, and the contact has not yet reappeared.

Anyone know how to unhide a read only contact or know if they come back after a certain amount of time?

Thanks.

Did you ever figure out how to restore the contact? I have the exact same problem.

Thanks.

ELH

Reaction score
Contacts > Menu Button > Display Options > Verizon Preset, make sure the box is checked...

OP
S

swope1221

Reaction score
The only way that worked for me was to do a factory reset. I backed up my data using my backup pro, so it didn't make restoring it as bad.

dewey

Reaction score
Contacts > Menu Button > Display Options > Verizon Preset, make sure the box is checked...

This didn't work for me. Maybe it is device and/or version dependent. I have DROID2 running gingerbread 2.3.3.

Thanks.

infantry667

Reaction score
Best way to do this is get someone who has a completely stock Verizon phone (an "in the dark about root" user/ non superuser lol) and go into their contacts, find the Verizon preset contacts, such as voicemail, and then dial them into your phone and call them and hang up after it goes through and gets to the automated menu and the phone SHOULD automatically save them in your contacts and they'll show the way they normally do in a stock phone. It worked perfectly for me. I discovered it after I flashed Eclipse 2.0.2 and didn't have the voicemail app and had to call the *86 number to get to my voicemail until I later found the voicemail .apk on my SD card.

SBF'd (sent blazingly fast) from my Hulkified X2

DavePerez

Reaction score
Will this work to store my password for auto dialing? I hate having to type my password each time. And yes, I am a "in the dark about rooting" guy. I need to do more research about the benefits and risks before I consider rooting.

infantry667

Reaction score
Im not sure about the password, it should save but I'll look into it. As far as rooting just read through development threads and q&a threads and you'll learn everything you need to know.

SBF'd from Tron Mod Rom X2