Where to Save Contacts? (Droid Cloud, Google, Verizon Preset etc?)

ffactoryxx

Reaction score
I got the Droid Turbo and realized a ton of my contacts from old phone did not move over and I need to get them input. We use Office 365 at work so I have a Corporate Address Directory. When I search through the contacts and goto add them to my phone, I have about 4 options on where to add. Which should I do?

Phone
Phone - Cloud

Verizon Wireless
Preset

Cloud
Cloud

(My email)
Google

I am completely confused especially as I see cloud twice

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is Google. They would be more easily and universally accessible. Had they been on Google with the old phone and you have the same account on the new one they would/should have all been there.

OP
F

ffactoryxx

Reaction score
I thought I saved them all to good on my last phone but they dont show up on my new. No clue why.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If they were on Google and syncing properly there is no answer why. Log into the Google account using a browser and see if they are there.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Like @leeshor , I like to save mine to my Google / G Mail account. They are easily manageable from my phone or any one of my PC's (home or work), and they instantly show up on any phone I activate. You can also Import contact CSV files from Outlook, Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc. into your Google contact account, and there is a Find & Merge Duplicates option when logged in from a PC.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
If the Verizon app backed them up, you might be in luck. Login to Verizon's website and see if they are there. If so, just choose the VZW option.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Definitely save them to Google (Gmail). Early versions of Android had the default set to "phone", so they were difficult to transfer or were lost with a new phone. That should never be a problem if contacts are saved to Gmail. They should automatically sync with any new phone activated to that account.

Sent from my Droid Turbo