uncapped data thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherpajosh

Reaction score
Why was my thread about uncapping the throttling of data thread locked?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
To limit the drama....

aldeghij

Reaction score
Lol!? Drama? Btw I tried it on my phone and it bootlooped. That's drama!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

alienware777

Reaction score
And now this thread needs to be locked probably :/ You should of PM'd this. Staff normally know what's best for the forum. They try to keep drama, flaming, hatred, etc away. You should learn to trust them... and heavily moderated? That's a joke right? The other android forums are much much more heavily moderated. Remember the old alldroid? Maybe the new one even idk, I've been gone for a while.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I love Droid Forums but it is the most heavily moderated forum I have ever come across.

Say what you will. We get more Compliments than Complaints.....

jawa6969

Reaction score
and heavily moderated? That's a joke right?

Just an opinion. I thought forums were for discussions, including opinions. I understand locking a thread for getting out of hand but locking a thread cause you THINK it's going to get out of hand = lame. Again, my opinion.

OP
S

sherpajosh

Reaction score
To limit the drama....

uh what drama? One guy said he was interested, one asked if I had flashed it, and another asked what the unthrottling meant. I can see no drama there just normal everyday responses you would see anywhere else on this forum. But yes you should lock this thread now and unlock the other.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still not sure what it is. Anyone care to explain? Also, I'm not understanding why the last thread was shutdown but this ones not so lets keep it that way. Ok?.....infidel!

OP
S

sherpajosh

Reaction score
Yeah I'm still not sure what it is. Anyone care to explain? Also, I'm not understanding why the last thread was shutdown but this ones not so lets keep it that way. Ok?.....infidel!

From the XDA article: "It seems that many carriers will limit the bandwidth after a certain amount of data has been used for a single month. This is known as throttling and this is exactly what the dev tries to get rid of with this modification. This will not make your internet better, so please be sure that you read and understand what you are downloading and flashing onto your device before doing so. What this will do is prevent your device to become slower online if you are someone who uses data a lot (download games, stream movies, etc)."

Status
Not open for further replies.