Unable to locate a Facebook Friend in 'Search All Contacts'

Jml133

Reaction score
Hello,
I am unable to locate a Facebook Friend when I "Search All Contacts".
If I search in the Facebook App, I locate this friend.

I have done the following with still no luck:
1) UnFriended and ReFriended this friend via Facebook
2) Removed and Reinstalled my Facebook Account

All other Facebook Friends are accounted for when I "Search All Contacts".
Am I missing something here. Thanks

sixshooter

Reaction score
It would be nice if someone can answer these questions! lol. Ive found like 3 or 4 threads with everyone asking what's goin on and no one has replied! Grrrrr! I'm having the same problem you're having with a fb friend I just added the other day. I really don't feel like removing and adding again the whole facebook app every time I get a new friend on fb. That's a little ridiculous.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok we are looking into this so please don't jump threads.
there were occasions where some contacts were linked together. meaning one friend may have another friends# under their name. why? not sure...u may wanna start there. yes its a pain, but check. if they are linked together, u can edit that list and unlink to existing or new contact

Swyped with an Aloha from Hawaii

BodyBagz

Reaction score
It would be nice if someone can answer these questions! lol. Ive found like 3 or 4 threads with everyone asking what's goin on and no one has replied! Grrrrr! I'm having the same problem you're having with a fb friend I just added the other day. I really don't feel like removing and adding again the whole facebook app every time I get a new friend on fb. That's a little ridiculous.

I posted a reply to your thread...whether it will work or not is 50/50...

Bear in mind, this is not an "Official" Android, Motorola, HTC, Samsung etc etc etc, website...it is all done by people like yourself...real people with real lives, so dont expect an answer every time you have a particular problem. People answer at their own speed, when they have time and if they have possible information. You may think your problem is life and death, and. not surprisingly, others dont feel the same way.

Remember, patience is a virtue....:)

sixshooter

Reaction score

Bear in mind, this is not an "Official" Android, Motorola, HTC, Samsung etc etc etc, website...it is all done by people like yourself...real people with real lives, so dont expect an answer every time you have a particular problem. People answer at their own speed, when they have time and if they have possible information. You may think your problem is life and death, and. not surprisingly, others dont feel the same way.

I know that. But 2 of the other threads I posted in, this one included, were posted over a month ago, and no one answered at all, that's why I also started my own thread. I guess I'm just luckier than the other people with the same problem lol.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

I know that. But 2 of the other threads I posted in, this one included, were posted over a month ago, and no one answered at all, that's why I also started my own thread. I guess I'm just luckier than the other people with the same problem lol.

Yes, actually, if I had to guess, I would say luck played a large part in it. The fact that it is such a random issue, and only a small group of people are having the issue, makes it that much more likely that none of us "helpers" running about, have ever had that issue, and thusly have no real idea on how to fix it.

Now, if more users start to have the same issue, then it may get a fix figured out quicker...but thats no guarantee...time is what it is...

Good luck tho...I made my life easier by not having my FB account even on my phone...too much trouble with all those contacts that didnt even have a phone number...:)

sixshooter

Reaction score
The thing that really pisses me off about issues like this is that the people at Verizon mostly just say, "reset it" or "I don't know, may be software" or "Just live with it." The price they ask for phones and plans now, they should have some kind of idea on how to fix problems like this. I had 3 different people at verizon look at my phone today and they were more lost on it than I was. If I buy a car from chevy and the horn doesn't work sometimes, they're gonna fix it. Not tell me to reset it or just live with it or wait for a software update some day.

On the upside, i have yet to find something about this phone that I dont like. And after almost a month, that's a long time for me to not destroy a phone, much less not find anything wrong with it.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
The thing that really pisses me off about issues like this is that the people at Verizon mostly just say, "reset it" or "I don't know, may be software" or "Just live with it." The price they ask for phones and plans now, they should have some kind of idea on how to fix problems like this. I had 3 different people at verizon look at my phone today and they were more lost on it than I was. If I buy a car from chevy and the horn doesn't work sometimes, they're gonna fix it. Not tell me to reset it or just live with it or wait for a software update some day.

On the upside, i have yet to find something about this phone that I dont like. And after almost a month, that's a long time for me to not destroy a phone, much less not find anything wrong with it.

Well, heres the problem...you are blaming the company that provides you the phone and service...the actual; maker of the phone is where you need to direct your anger. Remember, Verizon sells phones and service for Moto, HTC, Samsung, LG and other makers...but they dont make a single phone...so its no surprise that the Verizon store worker does not know every in and out of each phone.

Your car analogy is flawed thinking....because you dont purchase the car directly from Chevy...you get it from an "Authorized Dealer"...the reason your dealer and his employess know more about the cars they sell, versus Verizon and their phones is simple...Chevy Dealers only deal in Chevys...not Fords and Dodges too.

Thats where Droid Forums somewhat fills that gap between the manufacturer and the Service Provider...we try anyway...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Well, heres the problem...you are blaming the company that provides you the phone and service...the actual; maker of the phone is where you need to direct your anger. Remember, Verizon sells phones and service for Moto, HTC, Samsung, LG and other makers...but they dont make a single phone...so its no surprise that the Verizon store worker does not know every in and out of each phone.

Your car analogy is flawed thinking....because you dont purchase the car directly from Chevy...you get it from an "Authorized Dealer"...the reason your dealer and his employess know more about the cars they sell, versus Verizon and their phones is simple...Chevy Dealers only deal in Chevys...not Fords and Dodges too.

Thats where Droid Forums somewhat fills that gap between the manufacturer and the Service Provider...we try anyway...

Then I'll rephrase it... if I buy a chevy from Big Joe's auto sales, who sells everything, and it breaks, he's gonna fix it because he's the one that sold it. Not tell me, "Nope, sorry, I didn't build the car, you're stuck with it now." Verizon may not know every little thing about what they sell, but damn, 3 people looking at my phone for almost a half hour and no one even had a clue??? Come on, they sell 10 other phones with the same OS! I'm not blaming Verizon for the problem, I'm *****in because they have absolutely no clue how to take care of it. And there is no Motorola store down the street for me to waltz into and ask questions about.

I'm an active member on atleast 15 different forums, anything from Harley to Dakota to Yamaha to snowmobile forums, and I know how valuable they can be. Don't think I'm complaining about the help I receive here. Just venting on how crappy of a company Verizon is 90% of the time.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Then I'll rephrase it... if I buy a chevy from Big Joe's auto sales, who sells everything, and it breaks, he's gonna fix it because he's the one that sold it. Not tell me, "Nope, sorry, I didn't build the car, you're stuck with it now." Verizon may not know every little thing about what they sell, but damn, 3 people looking at my phone for almost a half hour and no one even had a clue??? Come on, they sell 10 other phones with the same OS! I'm not blaming Verizon for the problem, I'm *****in because they have absolutely no clue how to take care of it. And there is no Motorola store down the street for me to waltz into and ask questions about.

I'm an active member on atleast 15 different forums, anything from Harley to Dakota to Yamaha to snowmobile forums, and I know how valuable they can be. Don't think I'm complaining about the help I receive here. Just venting on how crappy of a company Verizon is 90% of the time.

Oh I know why you are venting...but its still the same thing. If Big Joe sells you something, and he doesnt know how to fix it, he is more than likely gonna do the same thing as Verizon...play around with it for a bit, maybe pull the battery, and last case, offer to replace it with a "like new device". Trust me, Big Joe is no different than Wal-Mart...and exactly when have you ever bought something from Wal-Mart that was broken or non functioning and carried it back and someone there fixed it on the spot for you....it doesnt happen. :rofl3:

The reason it doesnt happen is they are nothing but VENDORS of the merchandise...just like Verizon is only a vendor of cell phone service, cell phones and other tech devices...their "in store techs", for the most part, are about the same as what you would find in the Wal-Mart electronics section...

Please, vent away...just realize that Verizon cant control the device and how it operates with the Operating System and 3rd party apps...that is all on the device makers shoulder.

What Verizon can and should do though, is make your device function to the best of its abilities, and they generally do. But Facebook integration is likely not something Verizon is going to spend a lot of time or money worrying with...:)