Unable to install 5.9.905

philhow1

Reaction score
Phone was rooted and was able to download .905 but would not install. Completed a factory wipe and Reset through the volume keys, downloaded update and install still failed. My goal is to download the ICS update, verizon tech support said I would not obtain the ICS update OTA since phone not updated to 905.

Anything else I can do?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 questions...

1) What are you on currently?
2) What is the name of the file you are currently trying to load?
3) Have you frozen or removed any bloatware?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You'll lose your data but the easiest thing to do is flash to 246 with the FXZ that's out.

OP
P

philhow1

Reaction score
Thanks, I just noticed the files to flash to 246 with FXZ, I will give that a try.

I am currently on .902, did a factory reset so all programs are back, I believe, and trying to install update ,905.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that a factory reset will bring back programs.

What is the name of the file you're using to install?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks, I just noticed the files to flash to 246 with FXZ, I will give that a try.

I am currently on .902, did a factory reset so all programs are back, I believe, and trying to install update ,905.
Flashing with the 246 will get you there the fastest. There is sticky thread that has everything you need to do it at the top of tech support.

First sync everything with your google account & back up you internal sd card stuff that you want to save & if you have a lot of music & photos on your sd card move them temporarily to your computer & move them back after the flash. (this will speed up the time it takes to flash the phone)

If you are rooted you can back up all your apps & app data with titamium back up pro than flash & reinstall apps with titanium. This is by far the easiest way to not have to reinstall all your apps again & lose there data.

Google does not reinstall all your apps even if you have synced the phone.

OP
P

philhow1

Reaction score
Thank you all, this site if one of the best. Followed the guide from the sticky note and it worked. I have ICS.
Next question was rooted and backed up it titanium backup. Can someone recommend the best root program.

Very Impressed/

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thank you all, this site if one of the best. Followed the guide from the sticky note and it worked. I have ICS.
Next question was rooted and backed up it titanium backup. Can someone recommend the best root program.

Very Impressed/

To root your Bionic with motofail:

1. Install the Motorola Drivers:
  2. Download motofail
  3. Put your Bionic into USB Debugging and USB Charge Only modes
  4. Run motofail's run.bat

This is the link for the file to root with razors edge http://t.co/mbIAmwH8 some prefer it.

OP
P

philhow1

Reaction score
Phone is rooted, only exception thougt SD would not get wiped when wiped data. SD card files were deleted, besides that phone is working great.