Update 905 fails

jcwilliams

Reaction score
lgalcarte said:
I keep getting the "update available install now or later" message but when I choose to update it goes through the whole process, reboots and then says update failed. All of this (go back to stock 902, unroot, reroot, etc. like that's all sooo easy) sounds way to confusing and like too much work when my Bionic is working great and I have no complaints at the moment (running 5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US, rooted without any ROM). I think I'm just going to leave it alone. ICS might be a reason to mess with all of this but I'm happy right now. I'd hate to go through all of this to find I now have the data drop issues others are reporting with the new update. Any idea how I can stop getting the update message to keep appearing? Thanks.

I don't think that you'll be sorry for going to 905. I've had better battery life and way better 4g since i've updated. And btw using rsd lite and the fxz file to wipe phone its the most simple and easiest way to get you back. I've used it like 4 times and was thinking about using it again to flash the ics leak.
Good luck

lgalcarte

Reaction score
What a mess!! I couldn't resist the new update, of course. Couldn't get it to install so I did a wipe/factory reset. Yeah. Then I couldn't get a signal at all on the phone. Got stuck on the android guy and couldn't get past it (battery pulls, removing SIM card, etc.). Took it to the Verizon store and they couldn't fix it either. Instead, they ordered me a new one under my warranty that I'm supposed to receive Tues. Refusing to be beat, I came home and used RSDLite to flash to 902 (somehow I was back on 893), then the OTA 905 come up and installed beautifully!! Then rooted with MotoFail. Now for the rest of the day I'll be reinstalling my apps/data and setting the phone back up the way I like it. I hope I'm not disappointed with the update. Now, what to do with the new Bionic that's coming Tues? Keep that one or send it back and keep mine??? Hmmm...

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Always try to keep the one you have. I never trust CLN unless youo phone has other issues.