Ota ics update failed

Wresrex

Reaction score
I got the ics update for my bionic last night, and downloaded and installed but the update failed and rebooted back to gb. My bionic is stock and on 905.

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
I had a similar problem last night. it took forever and a factory reset to get it to even download the update and then once i finally got it it the update failed and it just booted back into 905

i had rooted back on 902 but havent done anything since the 905 ota broke my root

after several tries and factory resets it is finally acting normal on the download, hopefully it works better now
(i had to factory reset each time cause its the only way to get the download to restart if it screws up and gives you a "download suspended" notification)

*update* nope, still failed

kawboy76

Reaction score
I'm getting the same results. It downloads fine and even reboots and installs to about 25% and then reboots back into GB saying "the software update failed!". My bionic was rooted running stock 905. I've unrooted and even deleted any leftover root files, still no luck. Anybody???

mattjenn

Reaction score
If you are on 905 stock you will probably have to fxz you must have deleted or frozen some app or file it looks for during update process this happened to a friend and he fxz 905 and it updated OK after that. If you have never been rooted then I am not sure what would cause it

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Safestrap has been causing issues or you are missing some app you froze or deleted possible.
FXZ back to 905 to put everything back as it belongs.