um yeah, about 4.5.588....... (issues!)

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I don't see myself ever giving up "illegal tethering" especially since the only reason Verizon charges for tethering is because they know we want it and figure we'll pay for it if we have to, basically because they can... And for the record I'm not in the top 5% of data users that get/may get throttled... but does it, um bother you?

Anyways, yeah I've had the worst time with Moto's Gingerbread, the 3G icon is BA haha, but I still can't get tethering, it like resets after a short time of implementing the tethering patch... I dunno, is there an updated one for use on this specific build?... And I think it's the overclock patch from Team Defuse (Fission ROM) that causes the "stuck at M" thing, which by the way isn't that uncommon if you anger the almighty bootlaoder.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see myself ever giving up "illegal tethering" especially since the only reason Verizon charges for tethering is because they know we want it and figure we'll pay for it if we have to, basically because they can... And for the record I'm not in the top 5% of data users that get/may get throttled... but does it, um bother you?

Anyways, yeah I've had the worst time with Moto's Gingerbread, the 3G icon is BA haha, but I still can't get tethering, it like resets after a short time of implementing the tethering patch... I dunno, is there an updated one for use on this specific build?... And I think it's the overclock patch from Team Defuse (Fission ROM) that causes the "stuck at M" thing, which by the way isn't that uncommon if you anger the almighty bootlaoder.

I tested it this morning and tethering works fine on mine. I used the same SPK file that I got like 2 or 3 months ago and it works the same as it always have.

As for people being against free tethering, some people are against going over the 55mph speed limit. If you do it, you might get caught and have to face the music.

The irony is that all the people that will whine at you for "stealing" tethering, have all violated the TOS by rooting. Many of them have returned a phone under warranty that they messed up installing a ROM. Most of them have broken the speed limit. Several have driven home one night over the legal alcohol limit. I bet a ton of them have smoked pot.

So whining about you using tethering occasionally as if they are somehow morally superior to you, is laughable.

Do what you want, if others don't like it, too bad. If you get caught, take your lumps like a man and be done with it.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
"So whining about you using tethering occasionally as if they are somehow morally superior to you, is laughable".

Win haha

Well I'm using the most recent build where the 3G icon is like not in a box like the first GB release... gosh I wish they would just unlock the bootloader!

Anyway, what did you use to get tethering to work? I used the tethering patch that I guess was originally for Froyo, the TBH one (same as the Team Defuse one) and QPST editing doesn't work, either...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
"So whining about you using tethering occasionally as if they are somehow morally superior to you, is laughable".

Win haha

Well I'm using the most recent build where the 3G icon is like not in a box like the first GB release... gosh I wish they would just unlock the bootloader!

Anyway, what did you use to get tethering to work? I used the tethering patch that I guess was originally for Froyo, the TBH one (same as the Team Defuse one) and QPST editing doesn't work, either...

I had an APK file on my SD card that I downloaded from the market months ago. I installed it, and it worked. No editing, no patches, it just worked.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Sometimes, the newest isnt the "bestest"...and it seems this is the case with the "official" unofficial GB release .588...:rofl3:

I have been running the "original" Pre-Rooted/DeoDexxed GB release, and have had no issues other than the Sync icon, and a data wipe fixed it. My Wireless tether works just fine, as does Tianium and all other root apps i have such as Set CPU, DX/D2 Bootstrapper, ShootMe etc etc etc..

As far as tethering goes, I could give two poots and 5 giggles whether you do it legally or illegally...my only problem is the misguided notion that since you pay for unlimited cellular data that you should be able to tether without having to pay additional fees. IMO, that argument holds about as much water as saying since you bought a car that will travel 140mph, it is perfectly OK for you to do so...regardless of the fact that the prevailing law of the land says you cant...its asinine to think that way.

Do as you wish...if the carriers start getting frisky and throwing out warranties and Early Terminations, then be prepared to bite the bullet...Caveat Emptor if you will....:)