Ultimate Droid coming out tonight!

Desicrator

Reaction score
You know, the people whining in here about paying $2 to access the nightlies of an outstanding rom they use every single day make me ashamed of my fellow man.

It's these same people who want outstanding fully functional apps and cry that the free version is "ad-supported". I guess it comes from the whole file-sharing mentality where they can download thousands of dollars worth of music or programs for free (also highly illegal as some unfortunate souls are now learning).

Do YOU work for free? If so, my lawn needs mowing. You expect to use the roms of these hard working developers while they make nothing at all?

Utter fail. Get a life. $2 a month is bargain of the century.

Some ones having a bad day

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

theidoctor

Reaction score
raffica... im adding your nightly explanation to the first post. Hope it helps.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
You know, the people whining in here about paying $2 to access the nightlies of an outstanding rom they use every single day make me ashamed of my fellow man.

It's these same people who want outstanding fully functional apps and cry that the free version is "ad-supported". I guess it comes from the whole file-sharing mentality where they can download thousands of dollars worth of music or programs for free (also highly illegal as some unfortunate souls are now learning).

Do YOU work for free? If so, my lawn needs mowing. You expect to use the roms of these hard working developers while they make nothing at all?

Utter fail. Get a life. $2 a month is bargain of the century.

Mitch , I agree w/u 99% esxcept for "Utter fail. Get a life." comment. You don't have to go there w/anyone. It'll only cause negative controversy and you sound like a stand up guy so refrain from any sort of bashing. I think I made a very similar point earlier in this thread. I guess great minds do think alike:)

cpjr

Reaction score
Well hopefully he doesn't have any success with this or else soon Drod and Angdroid and everybody else will start doing it also

Yeah great plan....and then maybe they will all get fed up with the leechers and stop making ROMs altogether....so then you'll be left with nothing.

you gotta stop calling them leechers man lol the devs do work hard on these roms, no doubt about it. and yes i do donate. but the devs knew what they were getting into when they started...and it hasnt changed. and still a vast majority are still in the game. Its a hobby for them. Know any other hobbies where you make as much money as these, good, devs do with just the donations they receive?? Like i said i do donate, but those that dont are not leechers.

Dont give me that "they knew what they were getting into" crap....the FACT is...they DONT have to do it, end of story. And they DO do it for YOU and ME.

And yeah I know alot of hobbies where you can make REAL GOOD money. I mess with old cars and motorcycles, its a hobby, and I make a chunk from time to time.

So, I do agree with you on this.....just because you dont donate doesnt necessarily make you a leecher......

BUT....if you WHINE AND COMPLAIN about devs asking for a donation on the work you use.....you are a leecher.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
All I know is I used ultimate droid exclusively on my droid 1 and if the dx version is half as good ill be more than happy to give at least two bucks. Black droid does top notch work no question about it.

At the same time people said the same thing about chevys ss but I don't see what the fuss is about after using it for awhile...

yes but i dont think chevys roms on the d1 were nearly as good as UD

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
seriously..you all are getting stupid now. This ROM will be free! Did you all know that Fission does the same thing. People who donate to Fission get the releases first, get customizations to the ROM if they ask, and some other nice perks, and have apps for the ROM which you can buy and guess what...you get more free stuff after that..which is what this guy is doing. So stop being morons!!!!

Hey Droid, Do us a favor, make your point w/out insulting anyone. The "Morons" and "Stupid" name calling is VERY DISRESPECTFUL and absolutely unnecessary. You can definitely make a lot of sense w/out the harsh negativity. The ones that feel that the $2 fee is wrong, too high or whatever else they say about it, is their right to express their opinion. You and I have no issue w/the $2 fee and guess what, it's also our opinion as well. Let's all keep this clean,respectful, and fun. One thing i know that we can all agree on, is A well working Device w/great Rom and possibly nice theme to accommodate the rom when possible.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think donating is essential, JMO. I've donated to apps I don't even use to support the dev's out there. So even if I was broke, donating $2 still wouldn't be an issue to me.

As far as the donating in this thread...? It's just for helping the dev while he/she is in the process of making the ROM. This way if your interested in what might possibly be the release, you can get a taste daily if there are updates made. Just as shmoo first posted.

And can't we all just get along??? :icon_eek:dancedroid:icon_eek:

dadsterflip

Reaction score
I thought this was about the ud rom and I haven't heard anything about features and how good it would be. And I would like to read about this rom instead of people crying about the 2 dollar. If you don't wanna pay it don't. Final release is free so why are people getting hyped up over this?
Anyways if any one could let me know anything about this rom and how good it is let me know. Thx.

OP
T

theidoctor

Reaction score
Its good. I had the alpha version installed for a few hours a couple of times. If it weren't for the hot reboots, I would still be on it, but I did a backup with all my stuff already added so when the update comes I don't have to go through so much.

Anyways, I like the extra settings that ud offers and it is smooth and fast.

People wont be disappointed.

Sent from my DROIDX

dadsterflip

Reaction score
Just I was looking thru the hype. I wanna try it. I heard you can change notification bar in the fly and all. And with him doing intense testing and nightly builds.
I'm sure you can incorporate the cam and video from moto to this? After you do all that root explorer etc.?

atomicsunset

Reaction score
Any word on when the 3 issues will be fixed? I am assuming bug testing would go a lot faster with nightly builds and people reporting. I can't wait for a stable version!

benjimatt

Reaction score
do any of you guys know if this is like the unleashed or obsidian rom where the framework is aosp? if any of you have this rom go to settings and see if you see Backup assistant in there.

dadsterflip

Reaction score
Sooooo is it out yet? Its tonight here now...

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
seriously..you all are getting stupid now. This ROM will be free! Did you all know that Fission does the same thing. People who donate to Fission get the releases first, get customizations to the ROM if they ask, and some other nice perks, and have apps for the ROM which you can buy and guess what...you get more free stuff after that..which is what this guy is doing. So stop being morons!!!!

Hey Droid, Do us a favor, make your point w/out insulting anyone. The "Morons" and "Stupid" name calling is VERY DISRESPECTFUL and absolutely unnecessary. You can definitely make a lot of sense w/out the harsh negativity. The ones that feel that the $2 fee is wrong, too high or whatever else they say about it, is their right to express their opinion. You and I have no issue w/the $2 fee and guess what, it's also our opinion as well. Let's all keep this clean,respectful, and fun. One thing i know that we can all agree on, is A well working Device w/great Rom and possibly nice theme to accommodate the rom when possible.

Agreed... i personally asked because I loved 2.1 and was going to donate anyway! Take your insults elsewhere and leave these forums for those with questions or problems, and to discuss things like adults! Sorry if I make anyone mad with this comment... i just had to put that out there...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Open Source

I'm not worked up about the price... obviously 2 bucks isn't much it just goes completely against the principles that android was created on... Seems a little ridiculous to pay for open source software if you ask me.

I'm sure that there is more than one definition for "Open Source", but this is one of them and I happen to agreee with it:

"Open source refers to software products that are freely available and offered by development communities online. They come with no warranty but are usually very well tested by development groups. ..."

If you don't like the idea of having to pay someone else for the time and effort that they've put into making something, don't.
Thanks to open source, you can make your own. :)

P.S.
When you do, don't forget to make your rom available for free.