Ultimate Droid coming out tonight!

theidoctor

Reaction score
Login | Facebook

9th post ---

Im not sure about paying $2 a month for it yet since i have no idea what its going to be like and im not too sure about a nightly build every single night.

Anyone have any information on that?

I am excited about getting it though.

A note from Raffica
"There is no charge for final release roms, even on the X! The nightly is just a daily build of what he has been working on for a release. So if you want to flash a rom everyday and be the first to test the rom features and see whats new, you can subscribed for $2 to Nightly Builds. Otherwise when the build is completed there will still be the free release of the final rom. The UDX rom in the nightly area is a technical preview only, a bunch of people kept asking so this very very alpha UDX was put up for users to see whats up and coming for the X. perk of being a subscriber. When it becomes a RC or Stable beta then there will be a free release. The rom is free and always will be free. but the daily builds are not. doing a lil extra to ensure the ftp and site stay up. any other question please just pm about it. "

Last edited:

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
I think the 2 bucks is for people who want access to the nightly builds on a monthly basis. Doubt the actual release will cost anything. If it does I would still have to give it a try. UD on original Droid was my favorite.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
This completely defeats the purpose of open source. What a joke.

JonesA13

Reaction score
Login | Facebook

9th post ---

Im not sure about paying $2 a month for it yet since i have no idea what its going to be like and im not too sure about a nightly build every single night.

Anyone have any information on that?

I am excited about getting it though.

Where did you see that it was coming out tonight?

shmoo

Reaction score
This completely defeats the purpose of open source. What a joke.

I read about this lastnight. The 2 bucks is to help ensure their ftp's don't go down, and for those that want to access the nightly builds. The releases of the final builds will be free. Don't get all worked up over 2 bucks....its not like you're being forced to pay it. Its a donation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm not worked up about the price... obviously 2 bucks isn't much it just goes completely against the principles that android was created on... Seems a little ridiculous to pay for open source software if you ask me.

OP
T

theidoctor

Reaction score
I just didn't understand what they mean by nightly builds.... I wouldn't pay for that but my donations always equal more than their $2 a month asking price. Especially when the updates are good.

http://www.theidoctor.org - sent from my Droid X | tappin and talkin

cullenisprime

Reaction score
I think the 2 bucks is for people who want access to the nightly builds on a monthly basis. Doubt the actual release will cost anything. If it does I would still have to give it a try. UD on original Droid was my favorite.
i hate to say this..... but i have a hosting plan for my websites... cost me roughly $285 for 3 yrs... 99.99% uptime..... unlimited add on domains and unlimited bandwidth transfer....(Hosting24.com - First Class Web Hosting Services) more than likely anyone who has a website or does roms and has their own websites uses such a plan..... so for $2 to keep the ftp from crashing is pretty much a joke...

thats why we have a payal "donate" button... to support the developers..... i have done some custom boot animations for the DX and i havent charged anyone a fee to keep the FTP server from crashing... such a crock

Droid74

Reaction score
anyone know what time tonight this is getting released??

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah, and you would never donate for all the hard work if that was the case, just continue to leech.

Why is it when someone spends so much time and effort for the benefit of everyone else, everyone expects it for free.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Hopefully this dude isn't seriously going to charge two dollars a month for a rom.. I was actually looking forward to this.

tatuud

Reaction score
I donate enough to cover this charge for a couple of years in just one donation. So as usual these guys dont charge much if anything when they do charge.
These guys do a fantastic job and deserve all of the donations they get. Is it just me or is every really good app either free or only a couple of bucks anyways. Personally I get more entertainment from this than a 12.00 ticket for a movie...again my personal opinion. So if the rom is good I will donate anyways...don't mean to offend anyone and I know times are tough.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App