Ultimate Droid coming out tonight!

kevinrivas7

Reaction score
I donate enough to cover this charge for a couple of years in just one donation. So as usual these guys dont charge much if anything when they do charge.
These guys do a fantastic job and deserve all of the donations they get. Is it just me or is every really good app either free or only a couple of bucks anyways. Personally I get more entertainment from this than a 12.00 ticket for a movie...again my personal opinion. So if the rom is good I will donate anyways...don't mean to offend anyone and I know times are tough.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

well said.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Well hopefully he doesn't have any success with this or else soon Drod and Angdroid and everybody else will start doing it also

cpjr

Reaction score
Well hopefully he doesn't have any success with this or else soon Drod and Angdroid and everybody else will start doing it also

Yeah great plan....and then maybe they will all get fed up with the leechers and stop making ROMs altogether....so then you'll be left with nothing.

TheShade001

Reaction score
C'mon guys, no one is charging for the rom; and if they did charge a couple of bucks, so what? These guys work hard and get tons of criticism from people who want more free stuff... people even complain about not getting free stuff fast enough! LoL.

The $2 is just for people who want some extra perks like early/pre releases. If u go to the UD site u'll see how its set up. There is a section for donators.

Man rumors take off fast around here. Lol. Has anyone heard what time tonight this may be out?

tatuud

Reaction score
Thank you Kevin. Actually u should be looking at it the other way...what if all devs said we are done and refuse to work on a phone with so many barriers. Now we are all stuck with a stock phone that is way slow, full of junk we don't want or need sorry not me, I personally think these guys are geniuses. Im intelligent enough to know I can't do it but I sure do benefit from it...so my way of saying thanks is to donate. Again just my personal opinion

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
I think the 2 bucks is for people who want access to the nightly builds on a monthly basis. Doubt the actual release will cost anything. If it does I would still have to give it a try. UD on original Droid was my favorite.
i hate to say this..... but i have a hosting plan for my websites... cost me roughly $285 for 3 yrs... 99.99% uptime..... unlimited add on domains and unlimited bandwidth transfer....(Hosting24.com - First Class Web Hosting Services) more than likely anyone who has a website or does roms and has their own websites uses such a plan..... so for $2 to keep the ftp from crashing is pretty much a joke...

thats why we have a payal "donate" button... to support the developers..... i have done some custom boot animations for the DX and i havent charged anyone a fee to keep the FTP server from crashing... such a crock

Ok, and who pays that $285? It's not mandatory, but it helps him to keep the site up and a little extra just for doing what he does. I honestly don't think that more than 20 people will do the $2/month, but it's nice of them to do it. In the end, the guy is still paying for his website and doing all of the work.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
A monthly fee sounds excessive. No thanks Rubix working well

the monthly fee is only for the nightly builds and a few other vip things tossed in

the release for the x wont cost anything unless you want to donate to him

mastamind

Reaction score
Wat is this thing thts supposed to be released that's supposed to be so cool?

Sent from my DROID2

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Yeah great plan....and then maybe they will all get fed up with the leechers and stop making ROMs altogether....so then you'll be left with nothing.

you gotta stop calling them leechers man lol the devs do work hard on these roms, no doubt about it. and yes i do donate. but the devs knew what they were getting into when they started...and it hasnt changed. and still a vast majority are still in the game. Its a hobby for them. Know any other hobbies where you make as much money as these, good, devs do with just the donations they receive?? Like i said i do donate, but those that dont are not leechers.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, some of you people complain too damn much. Unless you are interested in flashing a new build every day, you don't need to worry about any $2 fees. This is targeted to a very specific group of people, those who are literally "addicted" to ROM flashing. This likely would be of no interest to 99.5% of us. Lots of forums have VIP access subscriptions; why is it a bad thing when BlackDroid does it?

droidman101

Reaction score
I think the 2 bucks is for people who want access to the nightly builds on a monthly basis. Doubt the actual release will cost anything. If it does I would still have to give it a try. UD on original Droid was my favorite.
i hate to say this..... but i have a hosting plan for my websites... cost me roughly $285 for 3 yrs... 99.99% uptime..... unlimited add on domains and unlimited bandwidth transfer....(Hosting24.com - First Class Web Hosting Services) more than likely anyone who has a website or does roms and has their own websites uses such a plan..... so for $2 to keep the ftp from crashing is pretty much a joke...

thats why we have a payal "donate" button... to support the developers..... i have done some custom boot animations for the DX and i havent charged anyone a fee to keep the FTP server from crashing... such a crock

Ok, and who pays that $285? It's not mandatory, but it helps him to keep the site up and a little extra just for doing what he does. I honestly don't think that more than 20 people will do the $2/month, but it's nice of them to do it. In the end, the guy is still paying for his website and doing all of the work.

Dude look at his donate page, he gets like $300/week

dakoop

Reaction score
I never realized an optional two dollar donation could make the world stop turning.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rmcomer

Reaction score
xxarthur33xx said:
...I honestly don't think that more than 20 people will do the $2/month, but it's nice of them to do it. In the end, the guy is still paying for his website and doing all of the work.

Actually over 100 people signed up as 'serial flashers' in the first 24 hrs and many just signed up to help donate ...