uh-oh..how can i flash my backup?

ocholoco

Reaction score
since clockwork has been having fits today, i used sprecovery to install one of Chevy's ulv kernels. unfortunately my phone doesn't like this kernel & has been booting & rebooting. i can get back into sprecovery, BUT all of my backups on my phone are for clockwork. :icon_eek:

my question is, how can i get get a sprecovery backup from my comp to my phone? it reboots too fast for me to connect via usb.

or perhaps is there a way to restore my clockwork backup with sprecovery?

darn you rom manager for making it so easy and i became lax with my backups!!!

OP
ocholoco

ocholoco

Reaction score
realized i can remove my sdcard to put recovery on it, but when i mounted the card to my mac it said it was read only.

any suggestions?

OP
ocholoco

ocholoco

Reaction score
Boot into recovery and do a nandroid backup

a backup of my ROM/kernel that is in a bootloop? how will that fix my bootloop issue? i'm not trying to be obtuse or rude, i'm just wondering.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you need a functioning phone for right now may I suggest just flashing another rom and then when the issue is past you can switch back to that which you had before? Do you have your data backed up with another app? You could just go that route too, reinstalling your apps once you are on a stable rom.

OP
ocholoco

ocholoco

Reaction score
whew! its fixed

okay i figured out how to get my sprecovery backups back on my sdcard & everything is gravy.

just in case this happens to someone else here is my timeline:

1-clockwork acts funky, so i flash sprecovery to install a new kernel

2- kernel doesn't agree with my phone, starts bootlooping

3- battery pull try to reboot, just in case

4- still bootloops, another battery pull & reboot into sprecovery

5- *gasp!* realize all my backups are in clockwork mode, won't agree with sprecovery

6- freak out!:icon_eek:

7- freak out some more, post a thread in rescue squad

8- try to get phone to stay on long enough to mount card so i can put one of my sprecovery backups from comp to phone..doesn't work

9- pull sdcard & put into reader to put backup on card....also doesn't work

10-check/update thread

11- keep messing around with sprecovery when i find a little section called "mount options" this allows you to mount via usb. Success! dancedroidtransfer an old sprecovery backup to phone, restore, voila!

12- reflash clockwork [thankfully it works again] and restore my most recent backup. then write this super long post. :icon_eek:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
okay i figured out how to get my sprecovery backups back on my sdcard & everything is gravy.

11- keep messing around with sprecovery when i find a little section called "mount options" this allows you to mount via usb. Success! dancedroidtransfer an old sprecovery backup to phone, restore, voila!

Thanks for the long post and nice catch. Thanks for sharing! As I use sprecovery the next time I have multiple update.zip files to apply I may use that feature so I can rename and put them into place without fully booting the phone.