OG Droid ROM Manager and ClockworkMod Recovery Issues

scillamonster

Reaction score
First off, I've been rooted for over a year and haven't had any issues with the rom I was running. I decided to switch things up the other day, so I used Clockwork to backup my current ROM in ROM Manager. After doing so, I decided to revert back to a previous backup via Manage and Restore Backups in ROM Manager. I was successful in reverting, but I realized I did not like the state my phone was in. So I tried going back into ROM Manager and going back to my most recent backup. My phone then went to reboot and I received the triangle exclamation point bs screen and got stuck. I read through several forum posts and rebooted my phone so I could flash an older version of Clockwork and try again, but that did not work and yielded the same result. I tried several other versions of Clockwork as well as SPRecovery and still nothing. Has anyone else had this issue and if so any suggestions on how to get back to my last backup?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try flashing back and forth between clockworkmod (latest) and SPR rapid fire!

Sounds like that backup you flashed didn't have root permissions properly.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

OP
S

scillamonster

Reaction score
ok, well do you think I would be able to get back to the most recent backup or is this just going to be a lost cause?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
as long as you get clockwork flashed you should be able to flash a backup manually.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

OP
S

scillamonster

Reaction score
everytime I've flashed so far it either takes several minutes or (SPRecovery) freezes....Just keep trying?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Positive that ROM has good root permissions?

Can you download terminal from market and open and type sudo ?

OP
S

scillamonster

Reaction score
Ok everything seems to be working properly now....seems to me that my wifi connection was the thing messing everything up. Once I disabled the connection I was able to flash quicker (3-5 sec) and I was able to manually restore. Thanks everyone for your help.dancedroid

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok everything seems to be working properly now....seems to me that my wifi connection was the thing messing everything up. Once I disabled the connection I was able to flash quicker (3-5 sec) and I was able to manually restore. Thanks everyone for your help.dancedroid

Glad things worked out for you!!

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Just a off topic suggestion, but I'd suggest giving RZRecovery a shot, its 10x better then RM/CWM in my opinion, and the whole "Charging while in Recovery" feature can be a godsend if a bootloop happens when your low battery. You can even use it to restore any backups you've made with CWM.

All you gotta do to install it is to get the zip and flash while in CWMRecovery.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone