SPRecovery Missing?

markwebb

Reaction score
I suddenly seemed to have lost the SPRecovery function when using Clockwork.

When I ask for altnernate recovery, it confirms that SPRecovery has been activated but when I re-boot into recovery, it brings me to Clockwork menus.

I can no longer backup using SPRecovery where once before I had a choice.

I even uninstalled Clockwork but when I reboot into recovery, it brings me into Clockwork menus.

Does a specific ROM prevent/change that? I am using Sourcery 1.2. I noticed it on PE 4.1 as well.

How can I get back that function as I like having the option to use Nandroid or Clockwork?

Thanks!

OP
markwebb

markwebb

Reaction score
RM is touchy like this - if flashing SPR and then CW and then SPR again one right after another doesn't give you SPR then you might have to do it the old fashioned way -

Let me track down a link

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html - box option 2

Wow..thanks...but OH MY! :)

I was afraid of this. LOL

So I have to re-install based on a cursory reading of the very detailed instructions? Will I lose everything? Do I have to "start over?"

EDIT: Hang on! I kept flashing CW then SPR per your first line and now it is working! I had to do it numerous times but it fianlly re-booted into SPE! Thanks again. For the life of me, I couldn't get to SPR for about a week.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I am guessing flashing alternate recovery/flashing CW/flashing alternate recovery/flashing CW/flashing alternative recovery yields negative results ?

OP
markwebb

markwebb

Reaction score
^^^^^See my edited post. It now works after persistent, numerous tries. :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out - saved yourself some trouble for sure :)