UD on Thunder Bolt.......

Rodeojones

Reaction score
I'll be honest...knowing there's a chance for UD on the Thunderbolt changes my opinion about getting it. I have four available upgrades right now and I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the right phone. This might be it.

n0yxl

Reaction score
I was looking at both the thunderbolt and the bionic, and im wanting the bionic more. it seems to have more power and seems like a better phone. the only realy pros that the thunderbolt had that i saw was the kickstand lol. and Ive always liked droid phones over htc

to each their own. bionic = locked bootloader. and i want to fully customize my phone. also every video i saw the bionic is laggy! saw one with tbolt and apps on it and widgets on homescreens and it was fast. bionic had a few icons and was laggy already lol. dual and moto = fail. anything and moto = fail bc of locked bootloaders and there ****ty developers honestly.

I am very impressed with the fluidity of the UI as well. I know that benchmarks are synthetic, and don't paint the whole picture but; looks like 2nd Gen Snapdragon has some #s behind it!

I really believe the the TB will be as big of a legacy device, as our beloved D1. :)

Planning on picking up the TB on the 24th. I'm going to rock it stock for a few months or so -get a good feel for the Sense UI, etc. Definitely would like to have UD as an option down the road!

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
I was looking at both the thunderbolt and the bionic, and im wanting the bionic more. it seems to have more power and seems like a better phone. the only realy pros that the thunderbolt had that i saw was the kickstand lol. and Ive always liked droid phones over htc

to each their own. bionic = locked bootloader. and i want to fully customize my phone. also every video i saw the bionic is laggy! saw one with tbolt and apps on it and widgets on homescreens and it was fast. bionic had a few icons and was laggy already lol. dual and moto = fail. anything and moto = fail bc of locked bootloaders and there ****ty developers honestly.

Wow, that changes my opinion completely. I honestly havent looked into it any more than specs and pictures, and with the past Ive always liked droid phones. I havent planned on getting a new phone till mid may or beginning of june, so I will be looking at the next best thing, if theres something else planned to come after thunderbolt by then. But if the thunderbolt is supposed to be better than bionic and new motorolas are all going to have a locked bootloader, then looks like im going to be switching to htc :)

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
thanks by the way, i just had to go look online at thunderbolt and its advantages over bionic, now i want thunderbolt asap!! lol

lol np. i was amazed too bc i always assumed dual core would be better, not this time. saw a video review of tbolt where it was a pre production unit from end of january and it was fast even with a ton of apps on it. took 15 seconds max to boot up too. then watched bionic hands on video and was like really? wtf? no apps but stock, no widgets out, just a few icons and it was laggy on screen switches and app drawer too. maybe by launch it will be a bit better but forget it. HTC updates os's better too and more often than moto and timely. and sense kills blur any day of the week also.

i never had htc before. my buddy has and then got an x and said his x is the last moto phone he will ever buy. locked bootloaders kill it for me. and the super almod screen on tbolt is just amazing! the kickstand works portrait and landscape. no need for home media dock now ;) saves me some cash! lol

And i will say UD is coming to the Thunderbolt! i will work my ass off with BD's help and a few others to make it happen! probably without sense for first release but hoopefully can get it added back in eventually. bc remember, it wont be froyo sense.... it will be gingerbread with sense hopefully lol, but atleast gb on tbolt :) :blackdroid:

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'll be honest...knowing there's a chance for UD on the Thunderbolt changes my opinion about getting it. I have four available upgrades right now and I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the right phone. This might be it.

previous post last paragraph about ud on tbolt :D :blackdroid:

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sister site of DF for thunderbolt! register and be at ground zero when this bad boy launches!!

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

P.S. - make sure u add i referred you :)

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
thanks by the way, i just had to go look online at thunderbolt and its advantages over bionic, now i want thunderbolt asap!! lol

lol np. i was amazed too bc i always assumed dual core would be better, not this time. saw a video review of tbolt where it was a pre production unit from end of january and it was fast even with a ton of apps on it. took 15 seconds max to boot up too. then watched bionic hands on video and was like really? wtf? no apps but stock, no widgets out, just a few icons and it was laggy on screen switches and app drawer too. maybe by launch it will be a bit better but forget it. HTC updates os's better too and more often than moto and timely. and sense kills blur any day of the week also.

i never had htc before. my buddy has and then got an x and said his x is the last moto phone he will ever buy. locked bootloaders kill it for me. and the super almod screen on tbolt is just amazing! the kickstand works portrait and landscape. no need for home media dock now ;) saves me some cash! lol

And i will say UD is coming to the Thunderbolt! i will work my ass off with BD's help and a few others to make it happen! probably without sense for first release but hoopefully can get it added back in eventually. bc remember, it wont be froyo sense.... it will be gingerbread with sense hopefully lol, but atleast gb on tbolt :) :blackdroid:

I thought exactly the same about the dual core processor, but looks like moto forgot to pair it with more ram and better software that cooperates, just the mix of everything doesnt let it all run as it could. they messed up but looks like my next phone will be the thunderbolt. May cant come soon enough

droidforsale

Reaction score
Newbie alert:

Question: Don't you have to have root access to load UD on thunderbolt? If yes, then, are there root methods for Thunderbolt?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Newbie alert:

Question: Don't you have to have root access to load UD on thunderbolt? If yes, then, are there root methods for Thunderbolt?

Yes they already do. I was just reading in the thunderbolt forums that at XDA they have already rooted a pre-production tbolt.

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
yes you need root because you will have to install a custom bootloader in order to install the new rom. And currently there probably isnt any instructions on how to root yet, but Im sure within a day of the release, everyone will know how to root it :)

Edit: looks like there is a way to root it already!! ^ sweet

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well and also, i have been talking to BD, i would like to offer a few options on T-bolt for a rom:

1. UD 3.1.0 - stock ud
2. UD 3.1.0 - w/sense 2.0
3. aosp - vanilla android no sense

not sure how difficult #2 will be but i would like to make it happen. And im gonna keep my D1 so i may look into if t-bolt isnt to bad on me becoming the maintainer on D1 also. Since im on df with everything would make the most sense ;)

and it says 3.1.0 bc that is the next ud release, no ETA!! lol. but i know 3.0.1 will not be the build for T-bolt though, probably not 3.1.0 either but a the one after that, idk. just saying lol.

Incorporating aosp features into a sense rom would be quite tough. Though done before ,they take forever to work on. Trying to keep up with that, ud and a stock rom would be tough for even the best of developers.

There will be great sense roms out there, no doubt about it. I say stick with aosp unless you want to commit only to a sense rom since getting features added would take up a lot of time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I preordered mine last week :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App