Set CPU or overclocking in ud 2 settings

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Just trying to get opinions here on who is using set CPU or ud overclocking and why. I have tried both seems that ud overclocking loads faster on boot then set CPU any thoughts

D1 slayhers 1.2 slv

Sent from my etcha-sketch

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've always used SetCpu 'cause I liked being able to ramp the cpu down with profiles, but I'm testing out the built in overclocking to see if it really changes my battery life.

Chevy's 1.2 LV

OP
P

pierced_droid

Reaction score
I've always used SetCpu 'cause I liked being able to ramp the cpu down with profiles, but I'm testing out the built in overclocking to see if it really changes my battery life.

Chevy's 1.2 LV

I am trying Chevy lv now

Sent from my etcha-sketch

hufn

Reaction score
I have the slahyer (sp?) right now, although I've used chevy and P3. In UD1.0.0 I ran some quadrant and linpack scores and even with performance enabled and it set to 1250 I was getting low scores (8-9 in Linpack and 900 or so in quadrant) I used Setcpu there for the brief time i had it. However, in UD 2.0.0 I removed setcpu as the built in is terrific. I am getting almost 17 in linpack and over 1700 in quadrant... Works for me :) However, the only question I have is whether there is battery usage when the display is off. The usage diagram doesn't list the cpu as a culprit so I expect it is not that. My life has been down since 2.0.0 but that may well be because I've been playing with the settings more. It is awesome! The power control in the notifications is the best... And the red glass theme looks very sweet. My only complaint is the incoming call screnn - really, it is terrible. But then again, how long do you look at it?