UD 3.0.1 Anyone else have these bugs?

BradleyGZ

Reaction score
I am running UD 3.0.1 on Droid 1. I love this ROM. I especially like the screen animation on lock and unlock. However I am having a few issues and am wondering if anyone else is having these problems.

My apps that are suppose to AutoStart on startup are not. I have Lookout and a NoDock app to disable the Dock feature of the phone. They have always started up on boot no problem with other ROMs but not this one. Also, sometimes the Lookout will stop randomly and I have to restart it.

The other little bug I have is when I am on a call. The screen has two different ackgrounds. One background is a rotating EndCall and MakeCall. Then there is the normal Add, End, Dialpad, Speaker button screen that is On Top of the other rotating screen.

adtrx2012

Reaction score
i have the phone call problem also.

for some reason with this rom i find it uses to much and restarts my phone about 2 to 3 times a day.

another problem i get is it goes black and i gotta battery pull.

atcjeff

Reaction score
Your issue with the apps not starting could be a compatibility issue with gingerbread. When I first loaded a gingerbread rom I had a few apps that would FC all the time on boot. Check with the app dev to see if that is the problem. I had to uninstall mine untill an update came out for them. As for your other isses, you may have to wipe and reflash the rom. If u don't want to do that, try installing a new theme and see if that takes care of the double images on your call screen.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

BradleyGZ

Reaction score
Your issue with the apps not starting could be a compatibility issue with gingerbread. When I first loaded a gingerbread rom I had a few apps that would FC all the time on boot. Check with the app dev to see if that is the problem. I had to uninstall mine untill an update came out for them. As for your other isses, you may have to wipe and reflash the rom. If u don't want to do that, try installing a new theme and see if that takes care of the double images on your call screen.

Hey atcjeff. Thanks for the reply. I actually read on another thread where they suggested that they wipe data/cache up to three times before they applied a new ROM. I did that and thought my issues were resolved as the apps no load on boot and the phone call screen was normal but after about a day I now have the double screens again. The apps are still working fine. I might try the theme suggestion and see if that helps.

Thanks
Brad

OP
B

BradleyGZ

Reaction score
The theme solution worked. I no longer have the double call screen. My apps are still autostarting like they should. Also I have noticeda a tremendous speed increase with the theme install as well. My phone is smoking fast now. Why would a theme cause this? Isn't a theme basically just skins?

Thanks for the help.

atcjeff

Reaction score
Couldn't tell u exactly why, but my best guess is that u had an incomplete install and putting the theme ontop fixed that. Repairing a bad image or path to the correct image that was causing ur trouble. I have had the same issues in the past and that fixed it for me so I figured it was worth a try for ur issue.