Two weird issues I can't figure out...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stock 2.3.3 here... factory reset a couple of times, and #1 still happens, and I haven't figured out what's causing #2 yet:

1) When I go to settings>applications>manage apps - 95% of the time, when I click on a specific app, I have to back out and re-select it, sometimes more than once, b/c it's constantly recalculating the data/space it's using, and the buttons like "clear data" and "clear cache" are constantly flickering - i.e. you can't uninstall or do anything. Eventually, after one (or more) backout/reselect it'll work normal.

2) This is the weird one, and the important one, b/c it causes me to not be able to open the phone app... All of a sudden my google account seems to be removed from my phone, and I start getting the "process.android.acore" error when I try and open the phone, and occasionally get "The application Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again". This has happened to me twice, and the only thing that fixed it was a factory reset. I'm not resetting yet this time since it's the weekend and I don't need my phone as much, but I can't pinpoint what's causing it.

My google account disappearing might be a result of the errors, can't tell... and I also can't tell if the two issues are related. #1 is ongoing, #2 only happens occasionally.

Anybody experienced any of this or have any thoughts?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I experience issue 1. If you let manage apps load fully or back out once and go back to a specific app it should be fine. I try to keep manage apps in cache once its working by hitting home instead of back. But the issue still happens once in a while for me.

And yes issue 2 has happened to me once but was resolved after a factory reset. No further issues with Google apps since.

sent from my inc2

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you remember, ballpark, what you were doing when #2 happened? The couple of times it's happened (if I remember right) I was messing with GO Launcher and also a few of the non-stock Sense 2.1 skins... I *think* that's what I was doing each time it happened...

estafusisx

Reaction score
Issue number 1 happens to me all the time and i heard somewhere that it was a bug in the GB ota (never ran froyo on it) and i would have thought the new ota would have fixed it but I just checked and it still happens.

[X] DINC2 stock 2.3.3
[ ] OG Droid SS 5.4 - ChevyNo1 1.1 Ghz ulv
[ ] Moto Xoom stock

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Issue number 1 happens to me all the time and i heard somewhere that it was a bug in the GB ota (never ran froyo on it) and i would have thought the new ota would have fixed it but I just checked and it still happens.

[X] DINC2 stock 2.3.3
[ ] OG Droid SS 5.4 - ChevyNo1 1.1 Ghz ulv
[ ] Moto Xoom stock

Yeah it's a nuisance, but not the end of the world, and as Stelv said, workable... #2 is what I'm trying to figure out... factory resets are a headache when your phone is all setup, so I want to avoid whatever causes it.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've checked about everything and tried to clear it up with no luck. Had to factory reset again... blah.

--
sent from my Inc2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. One factory reset should fix it. Not sure why it is doing that.

sent from my inc2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is a conflict if you are trying to use gapps on more than one device? Idk why that would be though, just throwing ideas out there.

sent from my inc2

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not running on any other devices atm... Interestingly, I had to re-add my google account after clearing out the htc sense app, to start over so to speak, with the sense launcher, rather than Go. No errors or force closes, but its something...

--
sent from my Inc2

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
fwiw, I moved to T-Mobile on the HTC Sensation 4G - almost identical issues...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm maybe its software and gb then idk. It's seems like Gingerbread is causing issues on a lot of devices. Hopefully it gets fixed or there is root soon. My Inc2 has been fine since second factory reset so far.

Sent from my Inc2

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the good thing about the Sensation, s-off/root achieved... haven't looked into the few custom rom's that are out yet.