Two new Verizon Droids coming this Summer

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-shadow-extreme2.jpg

Summer is almost here and we have some news that is sure to get it kicked off in the right direction. According to the Wall Street Journal, Verizon and Motorola have just signed a new deal to "ensure some of its upcoming smartphones will be heavily promoted" by the carrier." It also goes on to say Motorola is planning to launch two new Android devices this summer with the first expected to hit around the first week in July. Both devices are expected to launch with Android 2.2. The first phone will most likely be the Motorola Droid Shadow or possibly the Motorola Droid Extreme. This device will be competition for Sprint's new HTC EVO 4G in the new world of large screen (4" or bigger) phones. It's interesting when new Android phones are no longer compared with the iPhone, just other Android Phones! The second phone is still unknown at this time, but we can only hope the Motorola Droid 2 is in the works!
dancedroid

zMd113

Reaction score
Awesome! I looking forward to getting my DROID Incredible next month, I'm so excited!
I hATE Apple.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the Droid for me until at least September. Then we will see.

meh8036

Reaction score
i can't wait to see what they come up with... I loved my droid and now i love my Incredible... I'm just not a fan of the sense UI...I liked the stock Android but i can fix that once they finally root this thing... but if Moto keeps stepping it up I might have to jump back on the droid wagon :icon_ banana:

I also think its awesome that we can spend most of our time compairing our phones to other androids instead of the iphone... the iphone is soooo out of date now... i had my iphone 3 phones ago... lol... maybe if i had a g1 or hero i might compair my phone to an iphone but my incredible wipes its ass with the iphone

phatkat66

Reaction score
first week of july! oh WOW thats so soon <3

but i feel like it'll get pushed back =(
Theres hardly any solid info on a phone thats coming out in just a month n half.

Gitpicker51

Reaction score
I've been living in the Blackberry zone for a while. Ready to move onto a 'droid. The new stuff sounds promising. Personally I want a touch/physical keyboard phone.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I came from a BB to the moto droid in november. Wow... best decision I EVER made. The features is just soooooooo amazing, and its so much fun how much extra things I can do. Even during my occasional stupid days where i erase everything by mistake just leaves me with a blank canvas to create another unique masterpiece on. I LOVE android OS....

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I've pretty much decided I'm Gonna be getting the Shadow as long as the leaked specs are true. Dunno what to expect with the Extreme. Maybe the Shadow with a keyboard. I can't really see them doing a Droid 2 less than a year after the first one was released. But who knows.

GryphonD

Reaction score
Coming from a BB Tour, I am stuck on having a Hard KB. So it's Moto-Droid for me till a better model (with) an HKB comes out.

KevinL

Reaction score
I've been living in the Blackberry zone for a while. Ready to move onto a 'droid. The new stuff sounds promising. Personally I want a touch/physical keyboard phone.

I thought the same thing. I never use my keyboard. I never even think I have one. I actually can't remember the last time I opened it for anything other then my email when activating the phone after a flash of a new ROM.

dancedroid

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
Lovin the Droids . . but AT&T can keep the Iphone

dont-count-on-a-verizon-iphone: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Found this on yahoo's homepage earlier . I thought it might silence the people clamoring for the Iphone to come to Verizon . Looks like anyone that wants to jump ship from android to the Iphone , if they ever brought it to Verizon , are gonna have to wait awhile . I myself have no desire to buy it , especially considering I already have the best phone EVER . . Moto Droid !

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Im BANANAS for DROID ! ! !