Two New ROMS...Arctic & Eclipse

Reaction score
Just thought I would post this since I don't see it on here for others. Just like the title says, there are two new ROMS available for the RAZR.

Just as the last couple of goodies for the RAZR (like the update leak), they are only available over on www.droidrzr.com.

Arctic is built off of the last official update 748.

Eclipse is built off the leaked update.

Check them out and enjoy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bullswife98

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, I do have a question (?) though can these be flashed using safestrap? Or does it matter?

Sent from my Updated and Re-Rooted Og Droid Razr sliced thin! :)

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Any Rom can be flashed with safestrap. But your nonsafe side needs to match. If you have the leaked update on your phone in nonsafe you would have to use Eclipse because Arctic would not play nice since it is built off 748.

There is one dev who says people shouldn't use safestrap if they don't need it but I will only use safestrap. He was just getting a little irritated by people flashing eclipse in safemode when they only had 748 on their phone and asking why it didn't work.

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have this loaded and I am on the current version that Verizon pushed ota. I am not experiencing any issues at all. What issues were reported with this?

Rooted: Verizon Droid Razr XT912
Rom: Arctic
Recovery: Safestrap

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
I have this loaded and I am on the current version that Verizon pushed ota. I am not experiencing any issues at all. What issues were reported with this?

Recovery: Safestrap

If you are on the official ota. You are on 748 and that is what Arctic is built off of so you are on the right Rom. You won't see any issues.

People were having issues because they had the leaked update 173 on their phones and then tried flashing arctic which is 748 so they had problems. Or they had 748 on their phone and tried flashing eclipse which is 173.

They did not understand that you can't mix and match.

bullswife98

Reaction score
If you are on the official ota. You are on 748 and that is what Arctic is built off of so you are on the right Rom. You won't see any issues.

People were having issues because they had the leaked update 173 on their phones and then tried flashing arctic which is 748 so they had problems. Or they had 748 on their phone and tried flashing eclipse which is 173.

They did not understand that you can't mix and match.

I thought so was re-reading the forums over there and what I gathered is its the 173 that people are having issues with, that's why I doubled checked the process using safestrap and grabbed the right version for my phone. Loving this rom! Very nice was a little Leary at first but glad I did it! Is there a donate place? I like to donate when I can to show my thanks to the hard work on this. :)

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
I thought so was re-reading the forums over there and what I gathered is its the 173 that people are having issues with, that's why I doubled checked the process using safestrap and grabbed the right version for my phone. Loving this rom! Very nice was a little Leary at first but glad I did it! Is there a donate place? I like to donate when I can to show my thanks to the hard work on this. :)

Not sure about donations for arctic. It was developed by shady and I am not familiar with his work so I am not sure if he has a page with a link for donations.

I was already on the 173 leak so I flashed eclipse on my safe side with safestrap and love it. No issues for me on 173.

I am sure arctic is nice because the screenshots I have seen look great but I didn't want to revert back to 748 just to try it.

bullswife98

Reaction score
I went ahead and dwnled the DeRazrx Rom too for the h*#$ of it only cuz its still file sharing and with all this talk lately abt internet/copyrighting and such I want to be able to have it in my files in case they decide to do what they did to mega-upload ya know what I mean. Anyway loving this Rom and was very surprised at how truly easy it was to flash this. The only issue I have is that the battery drains fast but as with all roms vrs. systems it takes an adjustment period and its not even been 24hrs yet. Will take a few cycles before I can actually judge the battery, but so far,fast,smooth and great looking theme and not to much bloat. Wish f/b scyned but not a problem IMO.

Recovery: Safestrapped

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Yeah, that is one thing I miss when they get rid of all the blur and bloat. I like to have my fb contacts sync so as a workaround I use contapps as my alternate dialer / contact list.

I know what you mean about grabbing while you can but I read through the info and need reports on mega upload and honestly I think that one had it coming. Seriously, this guy has been making millions off of other people's work... glad he went down.

Kid

Reaction score
i have tried Razrx for 4 days and dl arctic and over the last 3 days i really like arctic better, it took 2 days for battery life to settle in but it is getting good life now:icon_ lala:

Scott B

Reaction score
I'm confused, I have the ota but I'm running 173??????