turning off LED lights for home/back/etc buttons

kmfdm515

Reaction score
hello,

is there currently any way to turn off the LED lights for the home/back/etc buttons?

i used to use Simple LED toggle, but that no longer works on the HTC Incredible. the app has been removed the marketplace.

another app was around called LED Hack, but that's been removed as well.

Is there any way?

ambrown

Reaction score
I don't know but if you find out let me know, I really want a fix for that too.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

calebzman

Reaction score
A manual way to turn off the leds is to open your phone up and disconnect the led ribbon cable. I found this out when I broke my screen and installed a replacement. When I was changing the old screen out, I accidentally broke the fragile ribbon cable that goes to the leds. I don't miss those light, because they were always too bright at night and couldn't be dimmed. Here's what it looks like:
yhst-77219656498823_2194_989063

liteon163

Reaction score
There is a way to turn the LEDs off right from the settings. I used to do that every time I watched Netflix videos.

I'll refresh my memory in the morning and report back...

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The LED Light Flow has an option to "control backlight" but I am not sure what / how it will effect / work on the Incredible...

amishdude01

Reaction score
Theres a cool app called RootDim that will allow you to customize the home/back buttons plus you can choose colors for you led's. Your phone does need to be rooted though. Hope this helps!

Jessewatson

Reaction score
hello,

is there currently any way to turn off the LED lights for the home/back/etc buttons?

i used to use Simple LED toggle, but that no longer works on the HTC Incredible. the app has been removed the marketplace.

another app was around called
led bulbs Hack, but that's been removed as well.

Is there any way?

I dont think there is anyway. Just search more to find these apps

Last edited:

kdm3170

Reaction score
theres an app called screen filter, it will let u disable the lights on those buttons, its meant to create a widget to dim ur screen without having to dig thru all the menus but u can set the widget to leave ur screen at 100% n just shut off the backlight on the buttons

MPS

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X
The app called "Screen Filter" did work for me, too, though it occasionally stopped working when the light sensor determined the environment was too dark, and I'd have to re-set it. Got so fed up that I created a solution to permanently disabled those button lights from coming on when the light sensor identified darkness. I opened up the back of the phone, unscrewed the four screws, pulled off the red section, unscrewed the next two screws and pulled back the circuit board from the top of the phone (though not off because you can't take it off easily). Then I used a small needle-nose pliers to wiggle off the actual light sensor from the front of the circuit board. I wasn't sure exactly what would happen when I restarted the phone (and didn't care much if I damaged the phone since it's so old), but it's been working exactly like I hoped. The phone does not light up the button lights regardless of whether the environment is light or dark. It's sorta silly, but it's a success!

zoltan.kiss

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nubia Z7 Max
theres an app called screen filter, it will let u disable the lights on those buttons, its meant to create a widget to dim ur screen without having to dig thru all the menus but u can set the widget to leave ur screen at 100% n just shut off the backlight on the buttons

Thank you very very much!!! Screen filter works perfectly on Nubia Z7 Max CM14!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's frustrating when a manufacturer removes such a simple & useful feature. I recently went through the same problem when upgrading from my S5 to the S7E. Ended up having to download a third party app called Galaxy Button lights.
Makes no sense! o_O