Turning Off Bloatware Apps?

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
I'm a long time Motorola guy. I recently made the switch to the Samsung Note 3. I'm excited that I can turn off bloatware apps on my phone (settings>application manager>select the app>turn off), but I don't which ones are important and which ones can be turned off. Does anyone have a list or recommendations?

jseah

Reaction score
Turning off a bloatware app won't harm your phone, or prevent you from being able to install a carrier update. Just turn off whichever ones you don't foresee ever using. I don't remember, but I believe "important" apps like Android system files does not give you the option to turn them off/disable them.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Okay great. That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the reply.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
The Samsung Knox application has disappeared. I verified that I have not turned the application off. Any suggestions?

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Apparently, Verizon has disabled the app on their network.

Olderslower

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but what apps are good ones to delete and which are necessary? I know it is a personal preference, but would appreciate some guidance...

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Just turn off the ones you don't want or use. They all run independently and Android will not allow you to turn of apps imperative to the operating system.