restarting or turning off. URGENT!

diamonddbz

Reaction score
hey everyone.I have a samsung galaxy note 3 KOT49H.N9005ZHUENH4.

Everything is fine with it. but when I'm not using it. It will restart or just turn off. I need to take out the battery and put it back in to fix this. I hope I just need to buy a new battery, but I would like to ask anyway. Thanks guys.
Screenshot_2017-01-01-19-17-10.png
Screenshot_2017-01-01-19-17-10.png

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
How long does the battery last? Is it shutting off or restarting because the battery is 15% or less? The phone may also not be reading it's state of charge properly (could be the battery has depleted more than what the phone is actually reporting). It is also likely that you may need to do a factory reset if one has never been done before.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
D

diamonddbz

Reaction score
How long does the battery last? Is it shutting off or restarting because the battery is 15% or less? The phone may also not be reading it's state of charge properly (could be the battery has depleted more than what the phone is actually reporting). It is also likely that you may need to do a factory reset if one has never been done before.

it does it at any percentage of power. right now its on 87% and it may do it if i leave it. It sometimes restarts on charge but its very rare .

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try removing the battery and rub the contacts of both the battery and where they touch inside the phone with a pencil eraser. Just the slightest amount of corrosion on the battery or phone can cause it to go into safety mode and restart.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The problem could be the battery (phone states 87% but really it may only be 10% if it's not reading state of charge properly). Does the battery drain rapidly? If you've never done a factory data reset (FDR), then it could be that several things are creating havoc, not working properly. If you do try an FDR, it will delete everything on your phone so you must save everything you want to keep.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you still using the original battery? It's about time to swap it out for a new one.

And I also second the advice that mountainbikermark mentioned, try to make sure the contacts are clean

OP
D

diamonddbz

Reaction score
Are you still using the original battery? It's about time to swap it out for a new one.

And I also second the advice that mountainbikermark mentioned, try to make sure the contacts are clean
The thing is, I got this phone on christmas day.So i hope the battery isnt bad already. Im getting really worried now. Its turning off really quickly now, but still never when im using it for some reason. I just turned it off , left it for about 1 minute, came back and it was off already. im going to perform a factory reset . I really hope it works.....

OP
D

diamonddbz

Reaction score
The problem could be the battery (phone states 87% but really it may only be 10% if it's not reading state of charge properly). Does the battery drain rapidly? If you've never done a factory data reset (FDR), then it could be that several things are creating havoc, not working properly. If you do try an FDR, it will delete everything on your phone so you must save everything you want to keep.

I have never done a factory reset before. so im going to do one soon. Just one question, if i do a factory reset, is there a possible way to save certain things on it so they dont delete? thanks.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have never done a factory reset before. so im going to do one soon. Just one question, if i do a factory reset, is there a possible way to save certain things on it so they dont delete? thanks.
I would first try mountainbikermike's suggestion and rub the battery contacts with a pencil eraser. If the battery only lasts less than 6 hours on a full charge, then you should get a new one.

Don't do a factory data reset until you have saved everything you want to save (pictures, documents, texts, etc). There are several ways to save what you want to save. A factory data reset will erase everything on your phone so that it is like new. When you are done, you will have to set up your phone with your email and password the same as you did when you first activated it.

It will take a few hours to save everything you want, do the FDR and then restore everything back on your phone again, so allow yourself plenty of time.

Don't do a factory data reset until you are confident that you have everything saved first.

Before doing an FDR, go into your phone settings, go to "backup and reset," turn on "back up my data." This will back up only some of your data but not all of it.

To save everything else, you can follow the step by step instructions here, Getting the most success upgrading to ICS from GB

(This is an old post but still works).

OP
D

diamonddbz

Reaction score
I would first try mountainbikermike's suggestion and rub the battery contacts with a pencil eraser. If the battery only lasts less than 6 hours on a full charge, then you should get a new one.

Don't do a factory data reset until you have saved everything you want to save (pictures, documents, texts, etc). There are several ways to save what you want to save. A factory data reset will erase everything on your phone so that it is like new. When you are done, you will have to set up your phone with your email and password the same as you did when you first activated it.

It will take a few hours to save everything you want, do the FDR and then restore everything back on your phone again, so allow yourself plenty of time.

Don't do a factory data reset until you are confident that you have everything saved first.

Before doing an FDR, go into your phone settings, go to "backup and reset," turn on "back up my data." This will back up only some of your data but not all of it.

To save everything else, you can follow the step by step instructions here, Getting the most success upgrading to ICS from GB

(This is an old post but still works).

Thanks so much!