Turn off notification ringtone.

sitti11

Reaction score
there is no "silent" choice

Droids friends, what if there is no silent choice now that my phone has been updated to current Droid program. So now what?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use a sound editor to make a file called Silent.ogg, then put it on your phone under media, or just somewhere on the SD card and choose add as notification sound.

hond2

Reaction score
Create silent tone only partly worked

Check out my silent tone here: View attachment 42196 After setting my system notification to my newly created silent tone, then yes, there is silence BUT..
The reason I did not just turn volume down is because it needs to be up when LightFlow plays the notifications it monitors.
Once the LightFlow notification plays, the system notification still plays. No extra sound with the silent tone selected, except it plays too quickly..cuts off my LightFlow sound halfway through.

theDL

Reaction score
I'm having this same frustration. What I need it to do is [not play ringtone], not [play a ringtone that is silent]. I know it sounds like the same thing but its not...the silent ringtone blocks out other sound that the phone might be making, music, different ringtone, etc. Surely there is a way to add an option to have no ringtone?

beyondreprieve

Reaction score
If you want that FB sends or discontinues sending your phone notifications, like when you get a text to your phone, go in to the FB app that is synced to your phone, press menu on your phone (bottom, far-left with three lines), then settings. From there you'll see the "Notifications" checkbox. Just check it to green to get notifications, or uncheck to discontinue notifications. Not quite sure if this is your problem, but I hope it helps!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

beyondreprieve

Reaction score
From there you can even decide on what notifications you want FB to send you, and a specialized ringtone for FB alone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums