how to set ringtone for notifications?

mustang_gator

Reaction score
How do i set ringtones for notifications?And it only shows certain ringtones when i try to put other ones as my text messaging ringtones.

I'm trying to do this as well. I downloaded a ringtone and can set it as my phone ringtone, but I don't know how to make it my notification ringtone.

Open the text messaging app. Hit the menu key. open message settings...scroll down to text messaging settings and select ring tone.

That should do it.dancedroid

I put my notification tones on the sdcard in media/audio/notifications

You can also download the app ringdroid or zedge (I used zedge). It will allow u to make or download a notification sound.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

pool_shark i don't know if i'm doing something wrong man...
but the thing is i did it just like you told me to do it in the other thread (same way as this thread) and didn't work...
i also syncked my phone with the pc and then tried it again and nothing man.
converted the tone (MP3, MP4, WMA, MPEG-4 audio -format of facebook_ringtone_pop- that i do see as an option and nothing man... am i doing anything wrong?

randyb69 , i'll try it that way

thanks guys

You can also download the app ringdroid or zedge (I used zedge). It will allow u to make or download a notification sound.

Thanks man, ringdroid is perfect!!!

You're welcome. I find it usefull only when u have a sound on ur sdcard already. Zedge allows downloads of millions of different sounds and rings.

Back