Try this little expirement...

oz0ne

Reaction score
Try this little expiriment...

I've noticed on my Droid 2 that when I power the device on, the touch button backlights for home, search, etc. don't light up initially. However, when I turn the screen off with the power/sleep button and turn it back on, they light up fine. This only occurs on an initial power up after being totally off. Can y'all try this and share your results. Anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks.

Last edited:

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've noticed on my Droid 2 that when I power the device on, the touch button backlights for home, search, etc. don't light up initially. However, when I turn the screen off with the power/sleep button and turn it back on, they light up fine. This only occurs on an initial power up after being totally off. Can y'all try this and share your results. Anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks.

The only time mine has had an issue with the back lighting, I fixed it by adjusting the brightness setting. Pulling the battery, power off/on didn't do anything.

Last edited:
OP
O

oz0ne

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks. I've tried every brightness option I have and that doesn't seem to affect the 4 touch keys lighting up initially.

tobytl

Reaction score
By "don't light up initially" do you mean they come on, but it takes a bit after booting? Or they don't come on until you put the phone to sleep and wake it again?

If the former, that is normal. The phone is booting, alot of stuff is trying to come into a running state in the background. If the latter, that is unusual, I can say that the two D2's in the house now don't do that.

SangYuP

Reaction score

Mine is the same way. When I power on the phone they don't light up but once I wake it from standby the lights come on.

cuzlion

Reaction score
me too

Mine has been doing that too but I never realized it was just after a reboot. Thanks, I was wondering how to fix that. Cuz

smoluse

Reaction score
Mine has been doing that too but I never realized it was just after a reboot. Thanks, I was wondering how to fix that. Cuz
there seems to be a light sensor that controls those backlights. I walked into a dark room and they came on.

hobby31

Reaction score
That's normal after a reboot. On the droid 1, after flashing a new ROM that would happen all the time. Like you said, just turn the screen off then back on and they work. Yes, they are controlled by a sensor somewhere at the top of the screen I think. You can put your finger across the top and they should come on but not after a reboot. I know have the droid X and it is the same way after a reboot. When I updated to 2.2 they did the same thing. They now work fine.

OP
O

oz0ne

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. Just wanted to make sure mine wasn't defective. On a side note, after posting this, I had to exchange my Droid 2 for a new one on an unrelated matter, and it does the same thing. Appreciate it...