trouble with my start up

murdermile

Reaction score
so i literally just got it a few minutes ago. i put in my battery, and plug it in to charge, and with all other phones ive had before ive been able to at least play with the phone while its charging. instead with the droid i got this weird motorola screen and a white bar that looks like messed up pixels on the very bottom of my screen....my phones completely non responsive with the exception of like literally a MINUTE when it decided to be active so i could activate it. is this normal? do i just need to let it charge and not touch it? or is something seriously flawed because im very alarmed by this.

HELP?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No that's not normal at all, seeing as you just got it, i would go ahead and just perform a hard reset on it, seeing as you most likely don't have much data / apps on the phone yet. If you need help doing this please let me know and i can guide you through it.

OP
M

murdermile

Reaction score
i ended up letting it sit for a minute and then did a hard reset and now its being normal. i dont know what happened. it was un responsive for a while after the first few hard resets. is there anyway to do a soft reset? im a former sidekick user and we would do soft resets all the time or do i need to just power on and off from now on?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i ended up letting it sit for a minute and then did a hard reset and now its being normal. i dont know what happened. it was un responsive for a while after the first few hard resets. is there anyway to do a soft reset? im a former sidekick user and we would do soft resets all the time or do i need to just power on and off from now on?

Sometimes systems just aren't working correctly to begin with, either some of the files are corrupt, or whatever. Hard reset usually fixes issues like yours, esp if it's something when you just got it.

Silvana_Pineda

Reaction score
Well, I am having a similar issue. I am in a constant boot loop all the time and it is constantly crashing while I am using the phone. I am also going to do ANOTHER hard reset but may have to go to the verizon store where I got the phone.