Went to sleep with Droid working, woke up with it broken?

nuggetdorito

Reaction score
Ive had my Droid 2 Global for about a month now, and from the beginning its been giving me an extraordinary amount of performance problems. Last night, I plugged my phone into the charger, and it was working fine. I fell asleep with it charging, like I always do with all my phones, and when I woke up, it was off. It wouldnt turn on, no matter how long I charged it for, and I tried two chargers, three wall outlets, and through USB connection to two computers. Sometimes the little white port light lit up, but the screen still wouldnt turn on and the phone still wouldnt boot up. I was in the rain yesterday for about 10 minutes, but the phone didnt get wet at all, and it was only drizzling, and when I got home the phone was still working fine, so I dont think its water damage, but I dont know what happened. Help please?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Ive had my Droid 2 Global for about a month now, and from the beginning its been giving me an extraordinary amount of performance problems.

Is it still under warranty? If so, contact verizon and see what they say.

Swyped from a Droid

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
Have you already tried taking the battery out for about 30 seconds? have you tried other chargers or other devices on your charger? It could be a faulty port or charger, and it could be your phone just suddenly zonked out. As the other writer suggested, letting a corporate Verizon store troubleshoot it is a good idea, because it will be replaced if you are under warranty (as long as it is still in good condition).

If you DO take it into a Verizon, do them a favor and take in your charger too, just in case it's part of the problem.