Droid screen black

taeylor7

Reaction score
I have not dropped my phone ever, and it has not been put in/ around any water. I woke up one morning and the screen was black, however, my phone would still turn on and the keyboard would still light up. The water damage stickers still have the red x's, so i dont know what could have caused my screen to remain black. I am still under the one year warranty, though. Do you think I could just go to the verizon store and just get a refurbished one?

OP
T

taeylor7

Reaction score
yeah i've tried. nothings worked. will verizon replace it?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have a serious issue then VZW will honor the warranty, take it in and see what they say

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's DEF a warranty issue. Depending on the location, you may have to wait a day to get a replacement. I know my store has zero in stock.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Axium

Reaction score
did you notice your screen take longer to light up before it completely stopped? my screens taking a while to light up... sometimes i have to hit the unlock button multiple times :/

OP
T

taeylor7

Reaction score
yeah like i keep pressing the power button, but only the navigation buttons at the botton light up. and i can see my status light blinking in the corner saying that i have missed calls and what not. i can receive calls, just as long as i know where to press. thank you! i'll head to the verizon store tomorrow.

Brittany

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Did a reset and worked fine. I googled how to do a hard reset -since i couldnt see the screen, and there's a way to do it by just pressing a couple of the front keys -sorry for lack of specifics but just letting u know i fixed it without sending the Phone in and its not hard to fix!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Did a reset and worked fine. I googled how to do a hard reset -since i couldnt see the screen, and there's a way to do it by just pressing a couple of the front keys -sorry for lack of specifics but just letting u know i fixed it without sending the Phone in and its not hard to fix!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Worth a shot!