Droid wont turn on!!!

beefjerky41

Reaction score
So I go to sleep last night messing with my phone. I wake up and realize I didnt put it in the charger last night. Im sure the battery died. Well when I find it in my bed I stick it in my charger and Im getting nothing at all. It wont turn on, nothing. Ive had this droid since last January and no problems at all. When I plug it in to the wall, the little white light next to port does not come on, but when I plug into USB on my CPU the white does come on but screen still wont come on. Like its not charging or something. I am rooted and I am seriously worried about taking it to Verizon. Does any one have some advice? And Btw, Ive taken out the battery several times to no avail....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the charging light comes on while connected USB then it is pulling a charge - just slowly, it is interesting that it does not do the same with the charging block and the wall - chances are your phone is fine, the battery is just dead as can be - leave it plugged in for a few hours and it should jolt back to life -

Reaction score
leave it plugged in for a few hours and it should jolt back to life -
it shall work this way

OP
B

beefjerky41

Reaction score
Its been plugged in for about 4 hours and nothing...Im not sure its coming back...Hopefully if it is messed up, they dont get it up and see that im rooted...that would void my Insurance right?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its been plugged in for about 4 hours and nothing...Im not sure its coming back...Hopefully if it is messed up, they dont get it up and see that im rooted...that would void my Insurance right?

No, if you can't turn it on they won't be able to either. Although I have heard stories about this happening to others and mysteriously the moment they walk into a Verizon store it turns on.

It's the chance you take when you root your phone. I doubt you'll have issues with an exchange though.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also try another battery, or try charging your battery in another device - if you happen to have a friend who is also a Droid Owner

OP
B

beefjerky41

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies...Im gonna try and take it in...Im gonna need my phone...Wish me luck : )

OP
B

beefjerky41

Reaction score
Took the phone to Verizon and they were very helpful and understanding. Gave me a new Droid and synced it, replaced my screen protector and got me out of there in about 15 minutes. Kudos to you Verizon. I couldnt be more pleased!!!