Droid wont turn on.

Dommzyd

Reaction score
I did a battery pull and it still wont turn back on. I had about 10% battery left last time I was on my way home (in a foot of snow :/). Took a picture of the snow, then the screen turned black. I figured it died because of low battery so I plugged it in to charge.
The white light IS on while plugged in, but I can't turn it on. Pulled the battery and waited a couple minutes and the same thing.

Any ideas?

Oh and there's no water damage to the phone.

Last edited:

JayMonster

Reaction score
Li-Ion batteries do not do well when they are severely drained. You will need to charge it for a while before your device will reactive and turn on.

crdeat0786

Reaction score
Do This It Worked For Me

Pull the battery out for 1 minute, let the capacitors discharge then try it. If it still doesn't work try starting it up by plugging it into the wall w/out the battery in it. If that does work put the battery back in it. Hope that works!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
once you hit 15% you should charge it. I never let mine go below 20% personally, sometimes 30%.

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^ that's silly, unless it's just coincidence that you wait that long.

i've had my phone shut down on loss of charge, but got it to a charger asap and it was fine. you're going to need to keep it on the charger until the phone powers itself on. follow the previous suggestions of leaving the battery out for 1+ minutes and then let it charge overnight.

you can safely take the battery down to 10% and have enough time to get home to stick in on a charger.

sir2545

Reaction score
Every Motorola phone I've ever owned has always been a little temperamental when the battery gets real low..I never let mine get that low. Just put it on the charger till it turns on