Trouble with Google services

qoncept

Reaction score
I've been having trouble linking my Thunderbolt to my Chrome to Phone account (which is apparently spotty at best anyway), but now Google Voice won't connect either.

At first I couldn't send any texts with GV, so I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling it. Now it can't access my account. When I choose the account from the drop down, I get a "Your account status could not be loaded" error. I found a tip and tried "Sign in with a different account," but with that I get a network error. If I try to use my other, Google Apps account, it immediately pops up asking for permissions (but I didn't go any further because I don't have a GV account for that one).

In Chrome to Phone, I get "Error: Unable to connect."

What gives? I've never used Chrome to Phone before, but I've been using GV for over a year. These issues have been going on for the last week or so.

Last edited:
Well, I just restarted the phone and GV is working now. I'll probably have to give up on C2P.

A week later and I'm pretty disgusted with Google Voice. When did it turn in to such garbage? I used it about a year ago and it worked fine. Now that my wife dropped unlimited texts from our plan I thought I'd use it again, but it's hardly useable at all.

It keeps failing to refresh, saying "Sending" forever, "could not send" other times, and completely locking up fairly regularly. WTF?

I doubt it's the service. I've had no problems with GV or C2P. If it was a service issue you'd see MUCH more complaints. There are a ton of people that rely on them.

If a reboot helped that tends to point to an issue with your device. App lockups aren't caused by the service itself and are a local issue.

Sigh. Wonder if I could talk my wife in to trading my Droid X back to me. Much, much better phone.

Edit: I just bought an X2 on ebay. I bought insurance on my Thunderbolt. I'll go in to the store to see what they say, but in the meantime can anyone tell me what will happen? Can I transfer it? Get a refund?

Last edited:
Back