Tried unrooting droid 2 now its stuck on bootloop

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
i tried to unroot my droid 2 and it got stuck in a bootloop i flashed it 3 times already and still gets in a bootloop. i followed the directions word for word and still it keeps getting stuck at the eye. need to return my device tomorrow. any suggestions? tried googling and looking at every forum i could possible think of and was unable to find anything with my problem.
thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved thread over here for further assistance. Good luck, I'll be watching to see how this comes out.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use the sbf rsdlite for droid 2 to fix it

OP
F

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
Use the sbf rsdlite for droid 2 to fix it

yeah i tried this ive tired getting the sbf from rootzwiki and xdadevelopers im reinstalling rsd and the drivers to see if it makes a difference.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
make sure you do not forget to do this:

5. Next, extract the patch (pst_flash.ini) to the Motorola/RSD Lite folder. It'll ask you if you want to overwrite the file. Choose yes.

(My file path to place the file was: My Computer -> C Drive -> Program Files -> Motorola -> RSD Lite)

that tripped me up, if that is not done it WILL fail. We have a copy of the full guide here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-rooted-help/76378-droid-2-sbf.html

OP
F

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
make sure you do not forget to do this:

5. Next, extract the patch (pst_flash.ini) to the Motorola/RSD Lite folder. It'll ask you if you want to overwrite the file. Choose yes.

(My file path to place the file was: My Computer -> C Drive -> Program Files -> Motorola -> RSD Lite)

that tripped me up, if that is not done it WILL fail. We have a copy of the full guide here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-rooted-help/76378-droid-2-sbf.html

my rsd lite doesn't go into program files for some reason it stays in the c drive but yes i did that as well told me if i wanted to copy and replace the file i chose yes. Thats the step by step instructions i used to try and unroot am not sure if its cuz my rsd isnt in a motorola folder if im just doing something wrong. i just flashed it again and still it stayed in a bootloop reaches the eye and then starts back up with the droid banner

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have to ask, did you flash it from the bootloader, and in the sbf window it excutes up to 100%

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Because the sbf took atleast a good 5-10 mins for me for it to go through and that was the 2.2, then I had to do the second file.

OP
F

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
Because the sbf took atleast a good 5-10 mins for me for it to go through and that was the 2.2, then I had to do the second file.

yes i did. but what i thought was weird like in the droid1 where u powered off your device first then went into bootloader. i didn't see anything saying that all i saw was the part where it says put device into pc mode. i did every step as stated. could it be my drivers mine are 4.6.5?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You kight have to get the up to date drivers from motorola website

OP
F

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
cause the drivers that i tried downloading are 4.2 from the unroot guide posted so am try that. i tried getting the ones off the motorola site but it says page under construction.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a video of how to do it, but it shows the droid x, it is very similar. I can not post it because of a C&D issued by motorola on the droid x. I will pm it to you. Now the difference (other then how you get to bootloader) is that you have 2 files. ....I am still reviewing the video so give me a few mins. Also you really do not nees to do a battery pull, but after flashing both files you will have to boot into motorola's recovery and do a factory wipe.

OP
F

fmoreno0736

Reaction score
okay thanks alot maybe after flashing the first file i need to battery pull then flash the second then get into the the recovery and wipe. how do you get into recovery in the droid 2? i appreciate the help.