Trident Kracken Droid X Review

Mack450

Reaction score
Well I received my Trident Kracken for my beloved Droid X. All I can really say is this case is AWESOME. I work as a mechanic and I want the best protection I could get against greasy hand answering calls and stuff like that. This case is def going to hold up in my pocket threw out the day. The built in screen protector is awesome.....the silicone feels great...although it does pick up some lint. The silicone slides in and out of my pocket easy...and much easier than the body glove case I used to own. Call clarity is great and the tone screen sensitivity is great too. The buttons do work harder than without the case...but its not enough for me to even care. The silicone doesn't come out of its grooves and feels very tight. I installed the included camera lense protector and it doesnt really seem to affect the camera performance without the flash but if you do use the flash it does have a little glare. Not a big deal to me...but maybe for others it would be.

Here are some pics of it installed.
IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9796.jpg

IMG_9797.jpg

I used to use a Body Glove case....since thats what Verizon told me was the best case to buy back when I got my Droid X...and they were full of it! The body glove kept unlatching on me and it made a terrible creaking noise everytime I touched it in certain spots....needless to say....30 bucks on a body glove or 35 on a Trident Kracken...the Kracken wins!

Here are some comparison shots of the 2 cases side by side...just to give you a idea on size.

IMG_9798.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9800.jpg

IMG_9801.jpg

Overall I rate this case 10/10

turdbogls

Reaction score
wow......thats.....BIG.

i thought the body glove made the phone too big...that would drive me nuts. thankfully i dont need a case other than when i am going through the airport.

jerryq2

Reaction score
I have had my kracken since November and love it mine is the green and black case. I normally buy otterbox cases but I wasn't pleased with the droid x case.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

Mack450

Reaction score
Yeah it def adds bulk....but I have big hands and I wear baggy jeans...

I really like the feels of this case. I think I would be happy with a defender toos but from the review of the defenders it seemed like the silicon skin was always loose and always pull up. def not the case with the ckracken....plus it cost me 28 bucks shipped with a promo code.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

LilTortillaBoy

Reaction score
I am currentlt using the body glove case for my Droid x. After having seen the case your talking about, I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
M

Mack450

Reaction score
I actually just decided to try the otterbox commuter and actually prefer it over the kracken. I was getting frustrated with how dirty the kracken was getting. I was leaving the case on my toolbox at work most of the time and then this weekend I had the phone in my pocket all weekend and every bit of the case was so covered in lint it was unreal. The camera was completey packed with lint and the corners of the screen protector...it was unreal. So I still love the case a ton I figured I would give the commuter a chance...so I will let you guys knwo what happens

LilTortillaBoy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a case that can handle being in a freezer with me. I do a bunch of heavy lifting and need something that can handle a bit of a beating. I just don't want to go with the rugged sedio combo case.

Sent from my DROIDX

cipher

Reaction score
Bullet Proof

I spend a lot of time in the remote Idaho backcountry and wanted a protective case that would stand up to the dusty environment. I am really impressed with the Kraken case because it's just what I was after. The installation was easy, the touch screen works well, the buttons actually seem easier to work - especially the power button - and the dust covers for the ports are a work of genius. It does make the case bulkier, no doubt about that. I'm not particularly concerned about lint attraction since it seems to me that that means it's working - the lint stays on the OUTSIDE instead of finding its way into the ports. My wife says it looks like a "boy" case, but since I am a boy, that's not a problem. I love it.

TheBlueram234

Reaction score
Lint

I actually just decided to try the otterbox commuter and actually prefer it over the kracken. I was getting frustrated with how dirty the kracken was getting. I was leaving the case on my toolbox at work most of the time and then this weekend I had the phone in my pocket all weekend and every bit of the case was so covered in lint it was unreal. The camera was completey packed with lint and the corners of the screen protector...it was unreal. So I still love the case a ton I figured I would give the commuter a chance...so I will let you guys knwo what happens

One solution is to remove the lint from your pocket first. then there won't be any lint to get in the case.
I do this from time to time to stop lint from getting in my pocket knives.
before I put them on i pull the pocket completely inside out. works for me:)