Review Amzer 88612 Silicone case for Droid X

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
I recently received an Amzer 88612 Jelly Silicone Skin Case for my Droid X.(Won't get the X until the 15th). The case looks like it is engineered perfectly for the X. The bottom portion of the case looks like it will allow full access to the 4 hard buttons on the X. The cutouts are in the correct places for the camera, usb and hdmi outputs, headphone jack and microphone holes. It is kind of a smooth, slightly rubbery texture. It will allow your phone to slide in and out of your pockets without snagging. The case is pliable and will probably be able to accomodate the 1mm thicker 1930ma extended battery that Verizon will carry. The case has a proprietary Organic Anti-Dust special spray layer coated on the skin to avoid dust sticking to the surface, also making it easy to clean. It comes with a one year limited warranty.

For someone looking for this type of case, it seems perfect. It provides a level of protection if the phone is dropped and yet also allows full access. As soon as I receive my X, I will post updated photos of the case with the phone mounted. Unsure at this time if the unit will fit into the dock with the case on. I will try it on the 15th.

Available at Amzer website. Around $10

Last edited:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Seems really nice! Only deal breaker for me would be will it fit in the media dock with the case on? Guess have to wait till the 15th to find out