Transferring paid apps to my new phoner?

rosariorose9

Reaction score
All of my paid apps from my former phone show in my 'Google Wallet' on my desktop computer. In another post someone said that those apps could be "pushed" to my Maxx. Can someone tell me how that's done?

Thanks!

Ziggie

Reaction score
Sign into your new phone with same Gmail account you used on your old phone. Then you just go to the market app on your new phone, hit menu, select my apps, and all your paid apps should be there for you to download.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Ziggie, I owe you BIG. Worked like a charm. Thanks!!! :hail:

Ziggie

Reaction score
No problem. Have fun with the Maxx!

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, Ziggie. This is one hell of a phone. I really loved my Incredible, but the build quality of the Maxx, combined with the unbelievable battery and markedly faster speed of 4LTE...well, I'm sure not going to miss my Incredible!

cece5702

Reaction score
Awesome!!!! I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking that I was going to lose my paid apps or have to re-purchase them.
Sign into your new phone with same Gmail account you used on your old phone. Then you just go to the market app on your new phone, hit menu, select my apps, and all your paid apps should be there for you to download.

EricBH

Reaction score
So I am not able to do this with the Galaxy Nexus. I have done this before with other phones, but for some reason when I look at the "My Apps" I only see what I have downloaded manually so far, plus the Google branded apps (Google+, Maps, etc.) that need to be updated. I had AppMonster installed on my Droid X previously, but of course I can't just move the SD card over to the Nexus because the Nexus doesn't take SD cards. I love the phone, and will love it even more once I get over this hurdle.

Any thoughts?

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
So I am not able to do this with the Galaxy Nexus. I have done this before with other phones, but for some reason when I look at the "My Apps" I only see what I have downloaded manually so far, plus the Google branded apps (Google+, Maps, etc.) that need to be updated. I had AppMonster installed on my Droid X previously, but of course I can't just move the SD card over to the Nexus because the Nexus doesn't take SD cards. I love the phone, and will love it even more once I get over this hurdle.

Any thoughts?

As long as you are still using the same Gmail Account that your purchased the apps with on your previous phone, you can just search the app your previously bought, and simply re-download it. It wont double charge you or anything.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

EricBH

Reaction score
As long as you are still using the same Gmail Account that your purchased the apps with on your previous phone...

Thank you Yonnor, I really appreciate the response. I know I can download them manually, but you are talking to a "heavy user" and that means I have to manually search for and download about 100 apps or more. That is not something I care to step into if I have another option.

Any other thoughts?

EricBH

Reaction score
Brilliant! I am not sure why I had not tried that already. thanks cae. :biggrin:

cae312006

Reaction score
Not a problem I use it all the time. It alot easier for me to pick and choose what apps I want on the phone as opposed to getting them all

EricBH

Reaction score
Yeah, I have used it quite frequently also but for some reason wasn't thinking of that. Again, thanks for making the smart suggestion. :happy3:

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Paid adios should show. Free apps will either need to be hunted down, or you can use ado brain. Still need to manually download, but at least the list is all in one place. If you have a backup of your apk's from Titanium backup or Astro, you can drag n drop to PC, then to phone. SD slot was deal killer fire me when I looked into nexus.

mleber

Reaction score
Paid adios should show. Free apps will either need to be hunted down, or you can use ado brain. Still need to manually download, but at least the list is all in one place. If you have a backup of your apk's from Titanium backup or Astro, you can drag n drop to PC, then to phone. SD slot was deal killer fire me when I looked into nexus.

Download a free program called listables. It backs up your apps, emails them to you and you can open your email and install directly to new phone. Its awesome, opens each app in the market and there you go!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums