Transferring Data To And From PC

BlueOvalBaby

Reaction score
After having my Droid nearly 6 months, I decided to connect it to my computer. I need to transfer the pics from the card to my computer to free up the space for pics from an upcoming concert. It's recognized as a mass storage device in Device Manager, but that's as far as I get. It's not recognized as a drive in My Computer, so I can't access it. Do I actually need to remove the card from the phone and read it that way? That's a pain. I would just prefer to plug in the phone and do the transfer. Is this possible?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reinstall the Droid drivers from Motorola. Pulling the card is always an option, as well as the slow but workable bluetooth file transfer.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Be sure to mount the SD card after connecting the cable. Pull down the notification bar and you will find the option there.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
google 'dropbox'. soo much quicker than connecting via usb

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You would have to transfer the pictures one by one with dropbox. And dropbox only supports a few file types. I have it and like it, but it would not be faster for multiple items.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You would have to transfer the pictures one by one with dropbox. And dropbox only supports a few file types. I have it and like it, but it would not be faster for multiple items.

oh i didnt know that - ive only used it to transfer songs to my phone

dylanthecat

Reaction score

oh i didnt know that - ive only used it to transfer songs to my phone

Yea, they have a few more improvements that need to be made to DB, but it is a good start.

zyphil

Reaction score
Connect the USB to the phone, and to the computer. On your phone, it'll say, USB connected. Tap on that message, and then tap "Mount SD Card blah blah blah." Then on your computer, auto-run will pop up, asking whether you want to import pictures or export pictures, view folder, and speed up pc (if you have a win7). I found View Folder way easier, as you can skip tagging pictures, and moving files is faster. That and with the import selection, you can only move pictures, songs, videos, and other media type files. With the View Folder selection, you can add media directly, add in other types of files such as APK's, .DOC/.DOCX, PDF's, etc.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like running FTP server on the droid and using filezilla on the PC. Requires wifi. Maybe bluetooth would work. I haven't physically attached my droid to a computer yet.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you can go to the motorola website and look up motorola media link. Download this (its free, but there is an upgrade). This will sync your droid with your PC. It will automatically look in both for music, pictures, etc. The transfer is as simple and drag and drop. Hope that helps.....

Austen

Reaction score
Connect the USB to the phone, and to the computer. On your phone, it'll say, USB connected. Tap on that message, and then tap "Mount SD Card blah blah blah." Then on your computer, auto-run will pop up, asking whether you want to import pictures or export pictures, view folder, and speed up pc (if you have a win7). I found View Folder way easier, as you can skip tagging pictures, and moving files is faster. That and with the import selection, you can only move pictures, songs, videos, and other media type files. With the View Folder selection, you can add media directly, add in other types of files such as APK's, .DOC/.DOCX, PDF's, etc.

This was helpful! Thanks a lot!!

courserfarm

Reaction score
Media Link slowed my machine way down

Am removing the Media Link download now, added it yesterday and immediately had slow down of my very fine (haha) and fast p.c. Also found the template kinda ugly and old looking... Anybody else concur?