Phone won't mount to PC

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I have only mounted the phone a few times in order to load some songs and whatnot, but for some reason it will not mount at all anymore.

I plug the usb jack into the computer and hook up the phone. The computer sometimes recognizes there is a drive there and sometimes it gives me an error message and won't recognize anything. I select mount to the computer and nothing helps.

There were a few times in which I mounted and it showed a folder only to suddenly have that go completely blank and the computer stops recognizing the drive all together.

I have no other problems with my thumb drives or mouse USB controller so the only think I can think of is that something the phone is doing is causing the conflict. I need help because I have gigs of songs I want to remove plus photos I need to transfer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have only mounted the phone a few times in order to load some songs and whatnot, but for some reason it will not mount at all anymore.

I plug the usb jack into the computer and hook up the phone. The computer sometimes recognizes there is a drive there and sometimes it gives me an error message and won't recognize anything. I select mount to the computer and nothing helps.

There were a few times in which I mounted and it showed a folder only to suddenly have that go completely blank and the computer stops recognizing the drive all together.

I have no other problems with my thumb drives or mouse USB controller so the only think I can think of is that something the phone is doing is causing the conflict. I need help because I have gigs of songs I want to remove plus photos I need to transfer.

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Yeah, Finally got it to connect for a few minutes but for whatever reason none of my pictures show up in any folder. I would like to be able to move/copy the photos I took with the camera to the computer and it won't let me.

Also, it took like 6 more tries before the pc would even recognize the phone and not give me an error. Never had this problem before, and like I said, I tried all my other USB devices and they work perfect.

rougwarrior

Reaction score
Not sure if this will help. But it did for me. I could mount to my desktop but not my HP laptop. On another issue i updated blservices.exe problem i had. Now the droid connects to laptop. Have done it serveral times and serveral reboots. But it now works. blservices has something to do with microsoft bitlocker program. Sites that helped. "http://www.pchell.com/support/blservice_error.shtml" "http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-65444-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USENftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40501-41000/sp40669.exe"

rougwarrior

Reaction score
Oh Yeah, If you get a prompt to scan and fix. Click continue without scanning. Windows cannot fix an android op.

DocParadox

Reaction score
I had same issue, I discovered that Virtual Box was the issue. Shortly after installing Virtual Box (and VMWare Player), I installed both the same day... after a few days the PC wouldn't recognize the phone anymore and would not mount. It would charge but thats all. I uninstalled both VB and VMWare and now the PC mounts the SDCard just fine.