Transfering contacts to Droid X

SeattleUser

Reaction score
My wife just got her new X delivered today. The Verizon store wants to charge money to activate it and transfer contacts. What's with that?

The instructions talk about downloading Backup Assistant to your old and new phones and then using that to transfer stuff. Does it work reliably? Her old phone is a KRZR.

Thanks for any tips.

Reaction score
My wife just got her new X delivered today. The Verizon store wants to charge money to activate it and transfer contacts. What's with that?

The instructions talk about downloading Backup Assistant to your old and new phones and then using that to transfer stuff. Does it work reliably? Her old phone is a KRZR.

Thanks for any tips.

Backup Assistant is free and works very well. All I did was install it on my LG enV Touch and it backed up my contacts. I activated my new phone, went into BA and it brought them all over.

Go for it.

Pravius

Reaction score
This may be a pain in the butt but google sync works amazing as well. If you have a smartphone now install the google sync app if it is available for her phone, sync the contacts to a gmail account then setup the droid with that gmail account and bam contacts auto sync.

Technoman

Reaction score

Thanks for any tips.

If you have a way to export the contacts to a csv file, this is the best way to get them over to your Google account. Works like a champ!!

OP
S

SeattleUser

Reaction score
My old phone is too dumb

I guess I'll have to take it into the store to get the contacts transferred to the X. The old phone is a KRZR. I've never set up any data download stuff on it. I suspect we'll never do that with the X either. I expect when my wife can't make it work we'll return it for a dumb phone.