New to X, ? about contact order

monkers

Reaction score
I just got a Droid X today, and my contacts transfered over from my old phone using the backup assistant, but my contacts are now in alphabetical order using the first names, my old phone had them set up like a phone book, last name first, then first name. Is there a way to change the format to make it like my old phone (last name first) ? thanks

OP
M

monkers

Reaction score
oh, ok, where would I find the correct app for this or should i just get used to it...lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can set them up with the stock app last name first. Go to your gmail account on line. Go to contacts. Click More Actions. Select last name first. It will sync with your phone and you'll be all set.

Probably easiest to do this by computer.

R

RETG

Yes, you can set them up with the stock app last name first. Go to your gmail account on line. Go to contacts. Click More Actions. Select last name first. It will sync with your phone and you'll be all set.

Probably easiest to do this by computer.

That is exactly how my Contacts in Gmail are set up; however, on my X, the first name is first; not the last name.

OP
M

monkers

Reaction score
hmmm, I had all my contacts from my old phone that transfered over from backup assistant, but I have no contacts in my gmail act, I just made that act when I got the phone, so is there a way to transfer them (export?) from the backup assistant to the gmail act? sorry for the dumb questions, Im not very tech savy I guess ...lol Thank you for all your help....

dtsig

Reaction score
GO to CONTACTS then menu/more/importexport then export to card. this will create a file you can move to your PC. Then go to Gmail/contacts / more actions and Import.
Point to the file you brought over from your phone and it will import all the contacts to gmail