transferring my contacts?

DKG

Reaction score
I'm ordering my Droid X online tonight. I recently got a letter stating that I am automatically a VIP customer & that will get my contacts transfered for free. Will Verizon transfer them for free from my Palm Centro to my new Droid X in a store even if I ordered the new phone online? If not, is there an easy way to transfer them myself? I'm thinking probably not.... Any help will be great. Thanks

DylanAZ

Reaction score
I'm ordering my Droid X online tonight. I recently got a letter stating that I am automatically a VIP customer & that will get my contacts transfered for free. Will Verizon transfer them for free from my Palm Centro to my new Droid X in a store even if I ordered the new phone online? If not, is there an easy way to transfer them myself? I'm thinking probably not.... Any help will be great. Thanks

I believe that Verizon will transfer them in the store. That has been the case for all my previous phones. Also if you have your contacts backed up to Gmail/Google then they will automatically transfer once you sign in.

Last edited:

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verzion will do it or if you can export your contacts out to Gmail, your new phone will sync with it.

OP
DKG

DKG

Reaction score
thx for the fast replies! I did export my email contacts from outlook but I dont know how to export all my contacts with address from my palm software. (im not sure if that makes any sense). In other words, I dont have the data paln on the palm centro right now. But on this phone I have a ton of contacts (without emails addresses) that I would love to be transferred. I dont know how to export these contacts from the Palm software. I did, however, export mu email address to outlook already. I will try the store when I get the phone.