Contacts help

Burnintrees

Reaction score
I had my contacts transferred from my blackberry storm1 to my droid x at the verizon store and all my contacts were put in a google gmail group. None of my phone contacts are in the phone group. How do I transfer it over ?

chikibabe

Reaction score
I had my contacts transferred from my blackberry storm1 to my droid x at the verizon store and all my contacts were put in a google gmail group. None of my phone contacts are in the phone group. How do I transfer it over ?

If you have a gmail account, all those contacts should be automatically transferred to your phone .. maybe i'm misunderstanding your question? are you referring to creating groups within the phone itself?

OP
B

Burnintrees

Reaction score
they are on my phone but in the incorrect contact group. for example if i were to press the telephone icon on the home screen and were to go into the contacts tab none of my contacts are in there. i have to go into the main icon population screen and go click the contacts icon and all my contacts are in a group called google under my gmail account.

diverbelow

Reaction score
One of the great things about android contacts, is that you can edit the contacts online in your gmail account. Then you can create/move/remove groups then they will get sync'ed to your phone.

OP
B

Burnintrees

Reaction score
im on gmail right now and i'm not exactly sure how how to remove the group. its not showing me that i can transfer into phone contact group. all it is showing is the option to create a new group for it in something random.

diverbelow

Reaction score
im on gmail right now and i'm not exactly sure how how to remove the group. its not showing me that i can transfer into phone contact group. all it is showing is the option to create a new group for it in something random.

You want to have your main contacts in My Contacts group so they will sync with your phone.
You have couple of options for groups:
1. You can delete that group your contacts are in now (the option to delete group is upper right)
2. You can remove the users from that group (click on groups and remove click on Remove from ...)

dtenberge

Reaction score
my contacts vs all contacts

My DX is syncing with Gmail "All Contacts" Is there a way to have it just sync with "My Contacts"?

As I delete contacts from my Mac address book (which sync's with Google) , Google keeps them in "All Contacts" and on my Droid. I never had this issue with my BB.

Any help would be appreciated.