2 questions???

DKG

Reaction score
First off yesterday I had verizon transfer my contacts from my palm centro to my new droid X. I created different groups in gmail but they are still in "all contacts" on my phone. I can see how to create groups on my phone (even though I had hoped they would just sync over), but I dont know how to add a contact to that group.

Also, is there a setting on my phone so that it doesnt receive emails overnight or between specific hours?

Thanks, this forum has been a blessing!

OP
DKG

DKG

Reaction score
ANY info would be aprreciated....Remeber how overwhelmed you were when you got your first data phone?? Thanks

Garandhero

Reaction score
First off yesterday I had verizon transfer my contacts from my palm centro to my new droid X. I created different groups in gmail but they are still in "all contacts" on my phone. I can see how to create groups on my phone (even though I had hoped they would just sync over), but I dont know how to add a contact to that group.

Also, is there a setting on my phone so that it doesnt receive emails overnight or between specific hours?

Question 1
Alright so they will always be in all contacts because that shows... all contacts? If you want though you can sort your default list of contacts to just show your google contacts. Open up your contacts, at the top you will see Contacts: All Contacts, push that and a screen will come up where you can select which list to show..

Just show google contacts.

As far as adding a contact directly to that group - I am not sure, generally I just put the name/number in my phone and trasfer/ add it through gmail contacts when I get home...

If anyone can tell me how to add a contact to my google contacts list only directly from the phone that would be nice though ;)

Hope this helps.

Question 2
As for question two, yes I believe so - go into settings - then battery manager - then battery profile options, you can mess with data timeout and peak hour stuff in there.

Last edited:

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
Sorry, no help with the first. As to the second, there might be an app for that, but you can always choose power off ( long press on the power button ) or you can probably find an app to let you toggle the volume of the notification of new emails.

OP
DKG

DKG

Reaction score
Thank you so much!

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985

If I'm reading this correctly, you're asking how to add a contact to one of the various groups you've created in Gmail, right? I don't know of any way to do that en masse, but you can do it individually. There are two ways to go about it:

1. If you're adding a brand new contact, press the Menu button and select "Display group." Then select the group you want to add to. From that screen, press the Menu button again and select "Add contact." You can then type in the name and contact info.
  2. If you're adding a contact to a group from your "All Contacts" list, press the Menu button and select "Display group." Then select the group you want to add to. From that screen, press the Menu button again and select "Edit group." You'll see a list of the contacts in that group come up, along with buttons that say "Save" and "Add." Click on "Add," which will take you to your "All Contacts" list. From there, you can scroll through and select the name(s) you want to add. Press "Done" at the bottom when you're finished.
As for the overnight e-mails, Garandhero's on the right track. Go into the main Settings and select Battery Manager. Click on Battery Profile, and from the pop-up window select Smart Mode. Then click on Battery Profile Options. There are several settings in there you can fool with so that your phone is offline or doesn't push data between certain hours (or after a certain amount of time has passed).

Hope that was helpful!