Tough decision

droidtom

Reaction score
Wow I have been so pumped to get the new prime when it releases for vzw. Last night I picked up a galaxy tab 10.1 off a guy for a good deal. I get to reading about it and spot a n article about bluetooth tethering with a droid x, my currrent phone since I returned my bionic. It evidently works with the X and almost no other phones. No message from vzw about hotspot charges, it just kicks butt. Root not required and just features built into the devices. I had missed being able to tether and don't use it near often enough to justify the cost. Now here it is free with bluetooth with the galaxy tab and the dx. Now I'm not 100% sure I want to give that up for 4G speed on another phone if the bluetooth tether doesn't work. Anybody else doing this?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
although we dont encourage free tethering, yes many have been doing so via BT. not all devices are capable of doing so but yes the DX D2 D2G and few others are able to BT tether just fine. and yes root is not required

OP
D

droidtom

Reaction score
i agree

although we dont encourage free tethering, yes many have been doing so via BT. not all devices are capable of doing so but yes the DX D2 D2G and few others are able to BT tether just fine. and yes root is not required

i agree on that but with this type you are not hacking anything and just using it as sold so i cant see it not being ok

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
im not saying we cant discuss tethering, we just dont encourage ppl to wanna abuse free tethering. that is all...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i agree on that but with this type you are not hacking anything and just using it as sold so i cant see it not being ok
It's not about whether you're "hacking" or not. Go back and read the TOS you agreed to when you signed up for service with your carrier. If they prohibit tethering then it's a potential problem.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
It's not about whether you're "hacking" or not. Go back and read the TOS you agreed to when you signed up for service with your carrier. If they prohibit tethering then it's a potential problem.

so blunt but yet so true Takeshi...lol